How do I watermark pictures?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I am planning to list my MJ stam bag on eBay;I'm very happy because a friend with near 100% feedback will be listing it for me (I have never bought or sold anything on eBay before).

So I have taken some pictures to send her...now how do I watermark them? I have Adobe Photoshop...what should I click? Which tool do I use? Can I use photoshop for this?

I have tried it out and was able to type my name across the picture in photoshop...is this a watermark?

Thank you :smile:

2. If you were able to type your name across the picture that should do fine. People either do this in a clear font color so that you can see under the writing (true watermark) or you could try to do a similar effect by making it a pastel color.

3. click on the text tool. it's the one with a capital T and then click anywhere on the photo and start typing.

4. Thank you...and can I just find a clear font colour in that colour spectrum thingey they have on photoshop?

(Sorry....missed turn-off to technological highway LOL)

5. you should be able to play with the opacity, a slidey thing that lets you see thru the text. hope that helps!

6. What version of PS?
    Elements, etc. . . .

7. Thanks Peeps!!! I will play with it some more :smile:

Swankymama I have Adobe photoshop 7.0...that's all it says under "programmes".I think it's pretty standard...I don't work in design or anything;in fact the only thing I do with this programme is resizing and cropping pics :lol: .

8. While your type/font is highlighted you should be about to adjust that layer. Like Fayden said, there's usually an opacity slider.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice