How Do I Ship Overseas? Please Help!!!!

ITA with mmsc, from what I understand the ONLY way to get tracking from the US to another country is to use global priority express, NOT global priority. You'll need to fill out a customs form in addition to the mailing label for each package. Other than that, it's just like mailing any other package.

I'm actually shipping a package to the Netherlands tomorrow, so you're not alone!

i am in Europe and usually ask sellers to use the priority but i wanted to be even safer and asked to use global express when one of my HGs was shipped to me and paid double of the usual amount i pay for shipping...USPS used fedex to send it, i am out of my money and out of the bag and the tracking website shows that my bag was delivered in Dublin, 300 km from where i live ...i will NEVER request to use global express again id rather not have the minute by minute tracking and get my parcel without trouble.

I have a question along these lines since some of you do so much overseas... do UPS/FedEx offer tracking numbers and is that an acceptable means in terms of PayPal?

IMO, I would not use UPS or fedex to ship international. For one it's really pricey and for two if the buyer decides not to pay the custom tax, then ups and fedex come after you to pay it. I had that happen to me with a pair of snowboard pants I sent to Canada. The buyer refused to pay the customs tax and kept the pants so I got a nice bill in the mail. :tdown:

Wow, I like this one if you are telling me I can fill in and print out those customs forms online and then print them out. After I do this the first time, I'll probably stop worrying. Hopefully!

It is easy online, I also forgot to mention you also get a discount in shipping.

I know Canada you can do online, not sure about others. You can check on the USPS website and they have instructions and some of the forms you need to fill out are on there as well.

You can in the US as well:tup:

ITA with mmsc, from what I understand the ONLY way to get tracking from the US to another country is to use global priority express, NOT global priority. You'll need to fill out a customs form in addition to the mailing label for each package. Other than that, it's just like mailing any other package.

I'm actually shipping a package to the Netherlands tomorrow, so you're not alone!

Actually the post office does offer tracking with Priority Mail International, just not on "flat rate" packages:tup: http://www.usps.com/international/prioritymailinternational.htm

I just sent a pair of uggs from the US to canada with global priority done online and I was able to make sure it was delivered, they do have DC for priority but if you want a moment by moment tracking it does have to go express.

Also if you do it online, you save a couple bucks literally. You get a discounted rate compared to if you walked it into the PO. ;)

Just saw your post, thanks for the confirmation!