How do I pick someone to replace vacation guest?

Apr 20, 2007
So I'm pretty sure my boyfriend and I of 3yrs are breaking up soon. It' cool, we both have seen it coming for a long time. Anyways, I bought us a vacation to Disneyland in October and I need to buy the plane tickets soon. How do I pick someone to go with me? I should buy the tickets by the end of the month. I don't have any really close friends, just a lot of aquaintences. There's a girl I work with that would love to go but she just got back from Disney World last month. What do I do? :confused1:

I'd pick someone that you know you will have a good time with no matter what you wind up doing up there. It's always important to take with you someone who is a fun person that you like being around so you can enjoy your trip!

Take someone you can deal with for more than 10 hours.
And that doesn't complain.
If that doesn't work you can always go alone.
That way you can do what you want when you want and no one to drag you down...

Do you have to go to Disneyland? If you haven't booked plane tickets yet, you aren't in too deep....maybe you can refund your hotel or try to sell them? Then take that money and splurge on a nice spa day or shopping spree for you!

If you do have to go, and you can't think of anyone you want to bring, I'd vote on coming alone....then let some So Cal tPFers know you're in town and perhaps have a meet up event at Downtown Disney! :smile:

I agree with sailornep5! You can probably get most of your money back on your vacation package if you act soon - they might take out a percentage. Then buy yourself a trip to a nice, luxurious spa, where you can get treated like a princess and get over your breakup! Good luck!

Take me!! Newly single would love to go to Disneyland!! HAHAHA... just playing!!

I really think you should take someone you feel the most comfortable with, and someone who will just be fun you know? Good luck!!

Yep I think either take someone who's lots of fun and you will laugh with a lot, or go alone and meet up with TPFers. If you've been planning for a while, then I still suggest going as you deserve the holiday I'm sure!!

Can you try and get a refund on the trip? Or maybe even postpone it? Like the others said I would take someone who I knew I could get a long with really well and have fun - someone who wont be difficult!...but if you dont really have anyone to go with - have you considered going by yourself?