How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways...

Mar 27, 2009
Hello everyone!
I am a fan of Coach and own over 10 Coach bags of varying shapes and sizes... but following The Gore Princess's blog made me rethink my allegiance to Coach. Coming onto the RM forum has made me buy 2 RM bags from the Black Friday sale, and I have never even actually clapped eyes or hands on a RM IRL! THAT'S how much I feel the enthusiasm from the posters here.
I also own a couple of LV bags, but those were actually hand me downs from my mum. I like LV, but not a fan of browns. :smile:
My question is, what is about Rebecca Minkoff that you love so much? And by that question, I mean quality of the bag itself, customer service, Rebecca Minoff herself...
I know why I love Coach, but I am saddened by how much Coach has expanded... I see EVERYONE with a Coach bag of some sort around here... As I was returning my Coach bag at the outlet, I told the SA that I had bought 2 RM bags from the Black Friday sale, and that was why I had to return this Coach bag. She had no idea who Rebecca Minkoff was! And I liked that!

That's one of the reasons (what you told the SA and how she had no idea who RM is). No one around here wears RM.

I love the styles, the slouch, the colors, the leathers, and the old school hardware. My concerns include a lot of the CS problems I've read about in this section. Also, the expansion of RM's 'Empire', so to speak.

If I wanted a style that could be (and would be) mass produced, I would have stuck to Coach. I hope, hope that RM does not continue down that road.

That's one of the reasons (what you told the SA and how she had no idea who RM is). No one around here wears RM.

I love the styles, the slouch, the colors, the leathers, and the old school hardware. My concerns include a lot of the CS problems I've read about in this section. Also, the expansion of RM's 'Empire', so to speak.

If I wanted a style that could be (and would be) mass produced, I would have stuck to Coach. I hope, hope that RM does not continue down that road.

I have always loved Coach because my it was a bag that my mum always wore... My dad would buy her a Coach bag once in awhile... But it has become too big of a brand... Basically, if I see it at my local mall, then I realize it has become too huge of a brand. Two of my fave brands are at the mall now... Coach, and Tiffany's. Sigh.

Love the designs, particularly the MAB and MAC- contemporary and classic at the same time! And the leathers and color selection. . . :girlsigh:

Contemporary and classic seems to be a good description!!!

*~*I love the classic styles, gorgeous leathers, and cute linings!! I also like the fact that RM is still pretty exclusive, and not too expensive. Oh, and the royal blue zipper track (on the black bags) is so unique! I noticed she hasn't been doing that as much recently...I hope she starts putting the royal blue zip track on all her classic black bags in the future.*~*

*~*I love the classic styles, gorgeous leathers, and cute linings!! I also like the fact that RM is still pretty exclusive, and not too expensive. Oh, and the royal blue zipper track (on the black bags) is so unique! I noticed she hasn't been doing that as much recently...I hope she starts putting the royal blue zip track on all her classic black bags in the future.*~*

Yes! I likehow it is exclusive and affordable! I have always wanted a Hermes Kelly... Never gonna happen though.

I just posted a rundown of why I love (and recently got addicted) to RM in my thread here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...-start-my-collection-719771.html#post20544827

But I agree..I had a decent Coach collection, and the minute they became so popular, I jumped ship. I also had a brief flirtation with Dooney, and now they're off my list too. Initially, I started collecting Kate Spade, and I still love that brand, but I like the leather, styles and variety of RM more.

What RM bags did you buy? Did you receive them and how do you like them??? I got my first at the September Sale, and I've been a gonner since.

Speaking of which...I think they had a post Xmas sale last year so.....start saving now ;)

I live in the largest city in the country, so I can't really can't expect anyone - regardless of brand - to not be carrying my bag, KWIM? There's quite a bit of RM here, especially I find, in more young, hipster-approved areas, but outside that, Coach (and LV) still seems to dominate; with a good smattering of Bals, Chanel flaps, MK Hamilton's, and MBMJ Hillier Hobos for good measure.

Lots of my friends - admittedly - have no interest in bags whatsoever, so if they ask and I say Rebecca Minkoff, I'm thrilled I don't have to justify the price of my handbag or something, the way I would with something obviously LV or Chanel; or even Coach. I think most people - with the exception of those 'in the know' - just think RM is a random, department store brand like MUDD, or Liz Claiborne.

I do get a lot of compliments on my RMs, and occasionally someone will ask if it, outright, is an RM that I'm carrying. But I love with RM no-one's first question has been 'how much did that cost'? or 'is it real'? It's a nice change. I've never owned a Coach bag (TBH, all the ones I really love have been IMHO, way overpriced - I would love a gathered Lindsay in a nice leather, but $700CDN when I could spend a bit more and get, say, an LV just seems like a waste to me. And I'm not a regular Coach customer, so I'm not getting PCEs!), but I imagine like LV fiends, they get a lot of very intrusive questions.

I just posted a rundown of why I love (and recently got addicted) to RM in my thread here:
http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...-start-my-collection-719771.html#post20544827

But I agree..I had a decent Coach collection, and the minute they became so popular, I jumped ship. I also had a brief flirtation with Dooney, and now they're off my list too. Initially, I started collecting Kate Spade, and I still love that brand, but I like the leather, styles and variety of RM more.

What RM bags did you buy? Did you receive them and how do you like them??? I got my first at the September Sale, and I've been a gonner since.

Speaking of which...I think they had a post Xmas sale last year so.....start saving now ;)

I had been hanging onto Coach for awhile... I like some of their stuff ALOT, and some of their stuff i hate. I just wanted something noone else had... I do not live in a busy place... Basically whatever is in the mall is how people find out about stuff, which isn't bad, but it is limiting.
I have a couple of Coach's that I will aways carry. I just am not going to buy anymore, unless I get a gift card or something like that...
I will see what they have for after xmas, though I am really saving up for the spring Sample Sale in SF!!!

I live in the largest city in the country, so I can't really can't expect anyone - regardless of brand - to not be carrying my bag, KWIM? There's quite a bit of RM here, especially I find, in more young, hipster-approved areas, but outside that, Coach (and LV) still seems to dominate; with a good smattering of Bals, Chanel flaps, MK Hamilton's, and MBMJ Hillier Hobos for good measure.

Lots of my friends - admittedly - have no interest in bags whatsoever, so if they ask and I say Rebecca Minkoff, I'm thrilled I don't have to justify the price of my handbag or something, the way I would with something obviously LV or Chanel; or even Coach. I think most people - with the exception of those 'in the know' - just think RM is a random, department store brand like MUDD, or Liz Claiborne.

I do get a lot of compliments on my RMs, and occasionally someone will ask if it, outright, is an RM that I'm carrying. But I love with RM no-one's first question has been 'how much did that cost'? or 'is it real'? It's a nice change. I've never owned a Coach bag (TBH, all the ones I really love have been IMHO, way overpriced - I would love a gathered Lindsay in a nice leather, but $700CDN when I could spend a bit more and get, say, an LV just seems like a waste to me. And I'm not a regular Coach customer, so I'm not getting PCEs!), but I imagine like LV fiends, they get a lot of very intrusive questions.

I HATE those questions. Unless you are a good friend of mine that truly wants to know, I find it rude.
I love RM's look. It suits me. :smile:

Some time in July/August this year, I ordered 3 RMs (mattie, MAB & MAC) one after the other without seeing any IRL. My first reaction when I received my first RM (GA Mattie) was, "Wow the leather on this one is so nice!" Then came my MAB (Charcoal Patent) and I was like, "The quality of this bag is so great!" My MAC arrived (Fire Engine) and texture of the leather was so amazing! Then the rest is history... and now I'm a happy owner of 12 RMs ;)

Some time in July/August this year, I ordered 3 RMs (mattie, MAB & MAC) one after the other without seeing any IRL. My first reaction when I received my first RM (GA Mattie) was, "Wow the leather on this one is so nice!" Then came my MAB (Charcoal Patent) and I was like, "The quality of this bag is so great!" My MAC arrived (Fire Engine) and texture of the leather was so amazing! Then the rest is history... and now I'm a happy owner of 12 RMs ;)

That is how it happened for me too! Just bought it online, with having never seen a RM bag IRL.

I have been wearing my MAC now for only a bit over a week, but I love it. I might see myself grabbing a a MAM or even a MAMM, but I definitely am in love withthe MACs the most. A mini MAC is definitely in order!
I am a crossbody bag fan. I love the look of a satchel, but not the reality of one, lol! But I know I am going to want at least one satchel from RM.
But for right now, its all about the MACs.