How do i keep from getting scammed?

thegnome

Jun 30, 2010
Canada
I just sold a Michael Kors watch to a new buyer on ebay. (zero feedback, member for like 6 months). They just paid for it this morning and they're already sending me impatient messages 'where is my item?!' That kind of gave me a bad feeling about this transaction.

Their address is confirmed in paypal and they already paid, what do I do to keep from getting scammed? Is signature confirmation enough?

unnu

Nov 22, 2010
New York
i think you are fine. Don't worry. The signature confirmation is enough :smile: Once they sign, it is a receipt that they has successfully received the item.

pinkyberry

Jun 20, 2009
NEW YORK
If paypal tells you you're good to ship, then it should be fine :biggrin:

Also, for the future, I think it's wise to get insurance while you ship your item, just in case! Then you'd be protected against any lost/damaged items you send.

thegnome

Jun 30, 2010
Canada
Ok, I'll do that too. I haven't even sent it out yet, it says in my auction I ship within 3 business days! :wondering

mizsunshyne

Mar 8, 2010
I would only use insurance if I feel like I need it. Just use DC and sig. confirmation and you're good to go. Plus, don't forget to put on a security tag on the watch to prevent them from using it if they wish to make a return.

Jun 25, 2008
Please, do yourself a favor and go over eBay and PayFoe rules and requirements before listing anything and especially before shipping anything. Then follow these requirements so that you're covered by seller protection. If it's a very expensive item, you might want to consider insuring it.

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I would only use insurance if I feel like I need it. Just use DC and sig. confirmation and you're good to go. Plus, don't forget to put on a security tag on the watch to prevent them from using it if they wish to make a return.

:nogood:

The seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer. If it gets lost or damaged in transit, and you haven't gotten insurance, it comes out of your pocket. So obviously, insure. (In the future, you can always price an item a few dollars higher to cover your insurance cost.)

Mar 3, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
i don't think you are getting scammed
i'm pretty sure that they are just impatient and want instant gratification (like when you pay for something in the store and get it right away)
if there is a tracking number you should send it to them after you ship it, it usually keeps buyers from asking where their item is

cbarrus

Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
^^ I agree. I try to send a tracking number that night and ship the next day. She/he may be just as nervous about being scammed as you are and just wants to be sure you will ship the watch. Do as said above and get signature confirmation and insure. This close to the holidays, I would not send anything out without insurance.

mizsunshyne

Mar 8, 2010
:nogood:

The seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer. If it gets lost or damaged in transit, and you haven't gotten insurance, it comes out of your pocket. So obviously, insure. (In the future, you can always price an item a few dollars higher to cover your insurance cost.)
Yes I agree with this but I only meant that I insure high priced items not like items worth a few dollars. Seller is responsible for the item until it gets into the buyer's hands.