How do I get this musty smell out of my LV bag ?

im2lubli

Nov 18, 2006
I recently bought a used LV BH from someone on eBay for a great deal and absolutely love it but it has a musty smell. Are there any tricks to get rid of this smell? Air it out ? Take it to the dry cleaners? Baking soda ?? I'm sure I'm not the only person that had this problem... I really want to keep this bag and any help would be appreciated !!

I bought an LV Speedy off EBay and it smells musty. I have bought from this seller before and never had an odor problem. I haven't contacted her yet. Thought I'd try the Loving My Bags Odor Eaters first.

I spoke with someone at LMB this morning. He told the odor eater candies would get the smell out. (It's lighter today). Also, I had emailed the seller. She responded right away. Offered to let me return it and get a refund. Right now it is in front of the air conditioner.

Reactions: AnnaD
So despite all my efforts I couldn't remove the mildew musty smell from my pre loved Speedy 30. I tried the fabric sheets,coffee,zero odor and baking soda. Unfortunately the smell was just too deep, the bag was from 1999. I really loved the patina color, it was beautiful, but the smell was just too much. So back to Yoogis it will go. Just wanted to let you guys know mildew musty smell is one tough scent!! Thx for everyone's advice. :biggrin:

Reactions: bhmlvluxe
Try these products in this order... I just sold my 16 yr old Alma and I gave it a good cleaning and deodorizing. As a final touch, I put Downy unstopables inside and zipped it for a few days..it smelled so good I didn't want to sell it

Attachments

• 1387576822747.jpg
    1387576822747.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 921
  • 1387576834831.jpg
    1387576834831.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 915
Try these products in this order... I just sold my 16 yr old Alma and I gave it a good cleaning and deodorizing. As a final touch, I put Downy unstopables inside and zipped it for a few days..it smelled so good I didn't want to sell it

Thank you for the advice but I think that this speedy was stored with no air circulation for too long. I sent it back yesterday and I just saw your post now bummed I would have tried it!

Thank you for the advice but I think that this speedy was stored with no air circulation for too long. I sent it back yesterday and I just saw your post now bummed I would have tried it!

Awww, darn it! I wish I saw your post earlier. :sad:
I hope you have better luck with the next one. I wish these sellers were a little more informative when it comes to explaining the condition of the items in detail.

I just purchased one from Hong Kong and it smells horribly musty. I'm on the verge of sending it back after trying "fridge-it", which the seller suggested. Will this smell ever come out? It's not only the inside but OUTSIDE too!