How do I get a smell....

1. out of my Epi Noe. I bought it off eBay and it smells musty, like it has been in a basement. I put dryer sheets inside of it and that took the smell out of the inside but I can still smell it on the outside. Any suggestions please?!

2. Maybe leave it outside on a warm sunny day?

3. i agree with lv_addict

that should help ^_^

4. Hi, recently I bought a juliette bag on eBay and had the same problem. The PFers were very very helpful (see the juliette thread from a few days ago) :rolleyes:.
    I sprayed the inside with febreze and then put a dryer sheet in it. Then I let it air out outside, with the dryer sheet in it. The odors are gone! Please be careful though, I wouldn't want your bag to be damaged. For me it worked.
    Good luck! :flowers:

5. You could also try putting it in a ziplock back with dryer sheets on the outside.

6. Yeah, I was thinking along this line too. Or maybe put it in a bag with coffee grounds or baking soda. Leaving it outside on a nice day might help, like others have said.

7. Do you have an Ionic Breeze machine, or something similar? I've heard that putting a smelly bag over it for a couple of days will freshen it up.

8. that's a good idea. i had it by the window with the dryer sheets inside but with them closed in a bag the smell will effect the outside of the bag. thank you soooo much!:biggrin:

9. I've only bought one thing from eBay (from fahionphile) it was another mono sm. agenda. When I got it, it smelled very much musty. I had an old Coach leather bag so I put it in there thinking the leather smell would transfer to the agenda. It worked!!! I left it in there overnight and when I took it out it smelled like leather and the musty smell never came back!!!

10. I did this once with a snakeskin bag, but I just used the dust bag and put two dryer sheets on either side.
    You might want to carefully try some Febreeze on a paper towel and touch the bag to test a small inconspicuous area to make sure it dries without leaving a stain.

11. I just re-read your post - the smell is on the outside! Clean the outside with Apple Leather Care or Leather CPR. Some other ladies have done this to remove smoky smells, so give it a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice