How do I get a mini flap in Southern California? Recommendations?

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
I’m completely in love with my fairly new Boy and have my sights set on a rectangular mini in caviar dark grey or dark blue. I know that minis are more difficult to come by than other bags, but it shouldn’t be impossible, right? Am I missing something?

I texted the SA (South Coast Plaza) who sold me my Boy, but all he said was that they don’t have any minis in store right now. So I asked to be placed on a waiting list, but no response. I went a couple different times to the store, thinking I might have better luck if I go in person and speak to a different SA, but was told that they weren’t even taking new waiting list additions. And additional gripe, they acted like it was a total chore to even help me when I asked to see a few items. Not that it should even matter, but I was dressed well and wearing either my Chanel or Gucci bag. Just based off how I was treated, it’s making me skeptical of what I was told. I’ve honesty never experienced such consistently subpar service, which is definitely putting me off giving them more of my money, but I want that bag. Any insight or ideas or recommendations on buying in this area?

I am looking at the pre loved market, but am super picky on condition that I would much prefer to buy new.

stalk the thread about what's being released in the upcoming collection. when you see the mini flap that you want, coming up, then ask for an SA recommendation.

also stalk the thread about Chanel boutique stock. i've seen members post some really hard to find items there.

Reactions: lbjdlaw and fally
stalk the thread about what's being released in the upcoming collection. when you see the mini flap that you want, coming up, then ask for an SA recommendation.

also stalk the thread about Chanel boutique stock. i've seen members post some really hard to find items there.

Thank you. You’re referring to the ones on the Chanel Shopping subforum that say things like, “spring/summer 2018”? Would you happen to know when fall/winter inventory usually comes out? When should I start paying closer attention?

Reactions: fally
I recommend using a SA outside of your location as well. Boutiques will ship to you at no cost. I don’t live near a Chanel but I called the closest boutique, spoke with a SA and told him what I was looking for and he has been wonderful remembering and putting me on the list as soon as he finds out it’s coming. PM me and I’d be happy to share his info with you.

I’m completely in love with my fairly new Boy and have my sights set on a rectangular mini in caviar dark grey or dark blue. I know that minis are more difficult to come by than other bags, but it shouldn’t be impossible, right? Am I missing something?

I texted the SA (South Coast Plaza) who sold me my Boy, but all he said was that they don’t have any minis in store right now. So I asked to be placed on a waiting list, but no response. I went a couple different times to the store, thinking I might have better luck if I go in person and speak to a different SA, but was told that they weren’t even taking new waiting list additions. And additional gripe, they acted like it was a total chore to even help me when I asked to see a few items. Not that it should even matter, but I was dressed well and wearing either my Chanel or Gucci bag. Just based off how I was treated, it’s making me skeptical of what I was told. I’ve honesty never experienced such consistently subpar service, which is definitely putting me off giving them more of my money, but I want that bag. Any insight or ideas or recommendations on buying in this area?

I am looking at the pre loved market, but am super picky on condition that I would much prefer to buy new.
My SA said she can place a reserve for you, but she will need your cc info :smile:

Hello @Breadnbrie, I would take all of the above ladies recommendations. I too had a difficult time getting my hands on a mini since 2014 and acquired 4 last year thanks to @Bother Free, @"MJ", @calflu, @mungoo33 and several other ladies posts. Thanks to their kindness I was able to source my minis from both boutiques and department stores such as NM. Although I will not be purchasing any more minis due to the price increases. I do appreciate all the wonderful women who do post their SA's stock in the "in stock" link....https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...seen-where-no-chatting-please.937411/page-284

I checked it regularly, almost daily especially when others have mentioned that the minis will be releasing. If you happen to come across threads such as Cruise 19 release or SS18 which is currently out then you will find a list that will include minis if they are being released in specific colors, hardware or leather material that you are interested in. Good luck hun and check the link above for your best option.

Here is a pic of my minis so that you can have an idea when they are released. I have a lambskin from 15C, two 17B caviar minis in red and navy as well as two 18C minis with the edge stitching in matte caviar leather. I love the 18C the most because they are perfectly structured and the leather is understated. My 17B dark red is beautiful but it's asymmetrical from the second pic as you can see.

18C 17B 15C Minis.jpg 18c and dark red comparison pic.jpg

Thank you all for your help! I love this community. :blush:
Hello @Breadnbrie, I would take all of the above ladies recommendations. I too had a difficult time getting my hands on a mini since 2014 and acquired 4 last year thanks to @Bother Free, @"MJ", @calflu, @mungoo33 and several other ladies posts. Thanks to their kindness I was able to source my minis from both boutiques and department stores such as NM. Although I will not be purchasing any more minis due to the price increases. I do appreciate all the wonderful women who do post their SA's stock in the "in stock" link....https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...seen-where-no-chatting-please.937411/page-284

I checked it regularly, almost daily especially when others have mentioned that the minis will be releasing. If you happen to come across threads such as Cruise 19 release or SS18 which is currently out then you will find a list that will include minis if they are being released in specific colors, hardware or leather material that you are interested in. Good luck hun and check the link above for your best option.

Here is a pic of my minis so that you can have an idea when they are released. I have a lambskin from 15C, two 17B caviar minis in red and navy as well as two 18C minis with the edge stitching in matte caviar leather. I love the 18C the most because they are perfectly structured and the leather is understated. My 17B dark red is beautiful but it's asymmetrical from the second pic as you can see.

View attachment 4007358 View attachment 4007359

Very helpful! I’ll definitely stalk those threads. Looks like I’ll probably need to wait for Fall/winter for any dark greys. Your mini family is gorgeous!!

Sorry for double posting! I just looked at the SS18 thread and it seems that these just launched earlier this month? Is it normal for them to be all gone by now? And it turns out that they DO have both dark grey and navy in the mini. Why was I told that “there aren’t any grey or blue in the spring collection”? Am I missing something here?

View attachment 4007358 View attachment 4007359

I think it is normal for them all to be gone by now, because people are on the waiting lists before they hit the shelves. But, don't despair. I started my quest about three weeks ago, and was told by two sale associates at different stores that all of their stock was previously spoken. However, one SA was able to track down a mini for me.

Regarding the dark grey and navy question- I'm not sure. Perhaps they colors that the store wasn't getting...

Reactions: Breadnbrie
Sorry for double posting! I just looked at the SS18 thread and it seems that these just launched earlier this month? Is it normal for them to be all gone by now? And it turns out that they DO have both dark grey and navy in the mini. Why was I told that “there aren’t any grey or blue in the spring collection”? Am I missing something here?
I am so very happy to help @Breadnbrie. I hate to tell you, but my Chanel journey has been so horrible. I had always been treated poorly by anyone I reached out. BG tends to order different colors than the boutiques or department stores or vice versa. I would call the 800 Chanel help line to no avail. because they would only say that the certain boutiques or stores ordered them but I would have to contact an SA there. Chanel C.R. online were fantastic but if i went through the recommended SA's thread I would be told that they don't have any minis available for the next two years and so on. I had one jerk from BG tell me that the minis are the most coveted pieces in the line as if I had not known this and that I needed to build a relationship if I ever want to be considered for a mini. I too would see that certain colors were available on tpf whilst those places would deny ever ordering that color then the worst part is those SA's will have their preferred clients list the item that you want on here as available only through them of course.

The issue is I was trying to build a relationship with my Saks SA ,Bloomies SA and BG SA who never considered me for a mini even though I purchased my reissue and classic flaps from them. The BG SA I was working with left abruptly without warning would dodge me whenever I inquired about anything that was not in the $4500 realm.

This is when I said the heck with it and started to reach out to the wonderful ladies on here. I actually found the 17B dark red mini through the wonderful @"MJ"'s SA. She sold it to me even though it was launched in July and I was inquiring about it in August. She stated it was new and not a return but it looks really wonky and I suspect that I did purchase a return item. I would def. reach out the these ladies and ask them if they happen to see it if they can keep you in mind and let their SA's know that you would love to purchase. Good luck and hang in there.I find that if I don't purchase from them frequently then they tend to be a bit dismissive of me as well. So I happily walked away from the brand because of this as well. Take care and let me know if I can assist. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead. fally:flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
Reactions: eckw and Breadnbrie
I am so very happy to help @Breadnbrie. I hate to tell you, but my Chanel journey has been so horrible. I had always been treated poorly by anyone I reached out. BG tends to order different colors than the boutiques or department stores or vice versa. I would call the 800 Chanel help line to no avail. because they would only say that the certain boutiques or stores ordered them but I would have to contact an SA there. Chanel C.R. online were fantastic but if i went through the recommended SA's thread I would be told that they don't have any minis available for the next two years and so on. I had one jerk from BG tell me that the minis are the most coveted pieces in the line as if I had not known this and that I needed to build a relationship if I ever want to be considered for a mini. I too would see that certain colors were available on tpf whilst those places would deny ever ordering that color then the worst part is those SA's will have their preferred clients list the item that you want on here as available only through them of course.

The issue is I was trying to build a relationship with my Saks SA ,Bloomies SA and BG SA who never considered me for a mini even though I purchased my reissue and classic flaps from them. The BG SA I was working with left abruptly without warning would dodge me whenever I inquired about anything that was not in the $4500 realm.

This is when I said the heck with it and started to reach out to the wonderful ladies on here. I actually found the 17B dark red mini through the wonderful @"MJ"'s SA. She sold it to me even though it was launched in July and I was inquiring about it in August. She stated it was new and not a return but it looks really wonky and I suspect that I did purchase a return item. I would def. reach out the these ladies and ask them if they happen to see it if they can keep you in mind and let their SA's know that you would love to purchase. Good luck and hang in there.I find that if I don't purchase from them frequently then they tend to be a bit dismissive of me as well. So I happily walked away from the brand because of this as well. Take care and let me know if I can assist. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead. fally:flowers::flowers:
Thanks a million for your sweet and informative reply! It’s crazy how you can purchase a $5000 bag from someone and still be dismissed. Definitely not a fan and while this kind of thing 100% puts me off a brand, I want this bag! I think I’ll be done with Chanel after acquiring this mini.

Your point about relationships is interesting. If I don’t have luck from the SAs of the other folks here, I’ll reach out to my original SA again and just remain persistent.

I buy my Chanel from Andrew at Nordstrom in San Diego. He’s amazing and never dismissive. He texts me pics etc. and sends me the stuff even though I’m in SFO. I know he has a beautiful yellow mini. Good luck with your search.

Oh my, so sorry about your experience. “Offer you a mini” omg I hate how some sa’s try to play this game..like they are doing you a favor by SELLING this bag to you...my first time trying to acquire a mini, an sa laughed in my face and told me to come back in 2 years.

Glad you finally found some good sa’s tho! :smile:

Oh my, so sorry about your experience. “Offer you a mini” omg I hate how some sa’s try to play this game..like they are doing you a favor by SELLING this bag to you...my first time trying to acquire a mini, an sa laughed in my face and told me to come back in 2 years.

Glad you finally found some good sa’s tho! :smile:
Good Morning @lucycc So sorry you also experienced a similar situation. Happy you found your mini as well. Thank you sweetie for your kind words of encouragement. It's truly appreciated. I actually live in New York and it was the most discriminating feeling to have SA's at SAKS on 5th ignore me whenever I entered the boutique or even called on the phone.

They would simply walk past me or down right tell me that they are busy, only to walk up to a wealthier looking older client and offer their assistance. I actually got to the point of where I sent an e-mail detailing all of my negative experiences to the manager of the store and he was extremely kind. He actually honored my initial 10% new card discount as well as selling me my reissue during the triple points event. I now purchase my Chanel from a SAKS in Florida.

I have to dress the part if I want service whenever I go to these places which takes the pleasure out of the entire experience. My Bloomies SA actually told me that they will not be receiving any caviar minis during 17B even though the lovely women on here said otherwise. I actually called her in May of 2017 and she stated no caviar this season. Then I texted her in August and begged her essentially to be placed on the waiting list if they ever create one. She then said that I was number 7 on the list that was non existent a few months earlier. I actually purchased my minis via the lovely women's SA's on tpf and would never give another penny to my so called SA.

Thanks for listening, hope you have a great week ahead.

Reactions: lcc21