How do Emilio Pucci bikinis fit?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. According to their size chart I am a 38 on top but a 40 on the bottom and you can't buy the pieces separately on NM.

It is also my first bikini in about 10 years, but I've been exercising a lot so now I don't mind showing off my abs. :P

Thanks!

2. I would say that they run really small! I am normally a size small and a 38 in Dior bikinis, but the size 40 Pucci bikini was WAY too small for me, I was falling out of it, lol.

3. Thanks! That's good to know!

4. Yeah they run pretty small, especially the top part. I have a triangle one, and the triangles are SUPER tiny so I'm always scared to wear them out in public if I accidentally pop out, but it's great for tanning since you don't have as much coverage.

5. ^ Oh my! That's good to know. I'm self-conscious to begin with.

6. I just looked at mine and the top is a size 44 and it's still pretty tiny, like a xsmall in regular bikinis lol. But it is really cute and colourful!

7. I did buy one. The one I love went on sale at NM. It's a 42, but I think I need a 40 on the top and a 42 on the bottom. Here's how the conversation at home went:
    Me: "It's so cute! But the top is a little big so I'll have to return it." Husband, "it's skimpy." Me: "It's supposed to be skimpy, it's a bikini." Husband, "It looks like you're in your underwear." Me: "It's supposed to look like that, it's a bikini." Husband, "I don't like it." Me: "I wasn't asking you." Now I'm thinking of keeping it out of spite.

8. I would do the same!!

9. Thanks!

10. Agree that they run small. Even if you own Pucci buy bigger than your normal Pucci size. I wear a 38 or 40 in Pucci dresses ....but you *don't* want to see me in either of those sizes in the Bikini's! :lol:

11. The Pucci string bikinis are VERY skimpy (think mid-cheek on your backside, rather than traditional coverage), but the non-string bikinis are much more reasonable. I have both and will only wear the string bikini for tanning. As for size, I usually wear a size 0-4 in clothing and a size 40 in Pucci dresses, and the size 40 bikinis fit me perfectly (also have a 38 that I purchased on sale, and it's a little tight, but wearable).