How do E-Bay Sellers sell Coach handbags for such a low price?

Dec 8, 2009
I was just wondering what kind of price some of these E-Bay Sellers must be paying for the Coach handbags that they sell? For example, I see some White Coach Borough Bags being offered for $313.49. (New With Tags). How are they able to sell it for this and make a profit? I know when I sell on E-Bay the fees come out to about 10 percent. The lowest I have seen the White Borough was yesterday on the Lord and Taylor website for $299.00. If they bought the bag for $299.00 they would not be making a profit by selling it for $313.49. Where do they get such good deals? Even the Coach outlets are currently only offering 50 percent off.

I was just wondering what kind of price some of these E-Bay Sellers must be paying for the Coach handbags that they sell? For example, I see some White Coach Borough Bags being offered for $313.49. (New With Tags). How are they able to sell it for this and make a profit? I know when I sell on E-Bay the fees come out to about 10 percent. The lowest I have seen the White Borough was yesterday on the Lord and Taylor website for $299.00. If they bought the bag for $299.00 they would not be making a profit by selling it for $313.49. Where do they get such good deals? Even the Coach outlets are currently only offering 50 percent off.

Maybe Dillards, they had an awesome sale last week.

I've often wondered the same thing. I wonder if they are SAs selling through family members to "hide" their identity.

There was one seller I bought several things from who was from Jacksonville FL (Coach warehouse HQ). They always have a good selection and mulriples. Has to be something going on. The multiples are what gets me. This is not a person selling ones-y twos-y from their own collection.

I've often wondered the same thing. I wonder if they are SAs selling through family members to "hide" their identity.

There was one seller I bought several things from who was from Jacksonville FL (Coach warehouse HQ). They always have a good selection and mulriples. Has to be something going on. The multiples are what gets me. This is not a person selling ones-y twos-y from their own collection.

I agree, they must have some type of insider connection. I just saw an E-Bay seller post five blue MK Cynthia Bags and five white MK Cynthia Bags. She also had duplicates on numerous Coach Bags. She sells a lot.

I'm confused about the multiples too. I think most larger companies limit the amount of discounted purchases employees can make. I know someone who works at Nordstrom and they really keep tract of employee purchases and will fire workers who take advantage.

how about credit card rewards? Most rewards cards I see have the bay /lord and taylor gift cards as one of the rewards. ;) I've earnt enough though a store loyalty program for a $50 hbc gift card. Mind you I