How Do Coachies Feel About Clutch Bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been thinking of adding a clutch to my handbag collection. I was wondering how many of you dear COACHIES own a clutch and how do you like it? I have been thinking about either the flower applique one (matches the floral Sophia) or the gathered leather clutch in black. I wish they had one of those optional shoulder straps to use when you don't want to put it down. I would like a bag that is considered dressy but it really needs to be functional. What do you think?

2. I love a large clutch! My legacy garcia one is my fave!

3. Try the Kristen clutch! It's beautiful!

4. I use them for special occasions when I don't take much with me. They have their uses I suppose. Since I don't use them often, I won't spend alot on them.

5. Agree with BeBe. I have one black Coach clutch and one silver. I mainly take them to weddings. I bought both from the 50% off wall at the outlet.

They will last me a lifetime, but I still wouldn't spend more than $50 on one.

6. I used to like clutch bags in the 80's, carried them under my arm....haven't not carried one for years though. To me they seem like dress up bags, as cosmogrrl said, I would not invest a lot of $ in one.

7. I have a clutch, but not a Coach one. I only use it for weddings and such though. If I hadn't already had one I might buy a Coach one but would likely look for a big old sale. LOL! Just simply because I don't use them much. BUT I love the idea of them and how they look when I do carry one.

8. I love the IDEA of clutches but I rarely use them if they don't have a removable strap. It's just too hard to carry most of the time and I'm afraid I will leave it on a table or somewhere with all my valuables inside. So, when I need a clutch--I just use an inexpensive one.

9. I have many of them. I LOVE clutches. I switch into them at night when I dont need to carry sunnies with me.

10. Agreed! I love the idea of them and how classy they look. Their are some gorgeous ones out there, but I doubt I will ever get one though b/c I dont think I would ever use it. I like to have my hands free and I am very forgetfull. I would hate to leave something that pretty on a table somewhere.

11. I was contemplating getting one clutch in black or silver. I have a masquerade ball to go to and I think this will work. However, I don't want to spend lots on it because I don't see myself using it often

12. I'm really liking the wristlet clutches. I have a couple. I use my black one as a wallet in my xl slim duffle felicia. It is a very big bag, so when going out for lunch I just grab my clutch wristlet and go. I just started using a couple of others that got off bonz and the bay for about $30 each in lilac and charcoal gray. They are great for weddings as some have mentioned and going out to dinner and a movie. I also have a capacity wristlet that works well also. But I use them as a wallet in my XL coach bags works out great.

13. Funny, DH just asked me about them yesterday when we were in another shop. I don't really like them because I really don't have a use for them. I take a lot of stuff with me when I go out, so they would probably never work :smile:. I ALWAYS travel with my water bottle, so I couldn't really see myself stuffing it into a clutch .. LOL! That being said, I do find them elegant and they look really nice on women who can pull them off :smile:!

14. Not interested in spending money on one. I have a few small coach bags and larger wristlets that fit the bill and are more practical.

15. I think they are great for parties when I don't want to leave my bag in another room with my coat, etc. Also when going out to dinner where I can keep it in my lap or on the table if there's room. It's just nice to have when there's no handy place to set my bag. I don't mind spending money on one since I'll probably be dressed nicely, so the bag would have to go with, kwim?