How do Citizens and Sevens hold up in the wash?

muggles

In search of....
O.G.
Aug 15, 2007
I recently purchased my first Citizens and Sevens Jeans! I wore nothing but Luckys for years but they stretch out sooo bad I decided to try something different! Now how do they hold up in the wash? And do they tend to stretch out as bad as Luckys? I bought them a size smaller hoping for a miracle. I hate to wear belts!:confused1:

I wash mine inside out & hang dry, I never put them in the dryer & both my Sevens & Citzens look great even after having them for years. In terms of stretching after wear I think it depends on the style, I find my Sevens stretch out more than my Citizens

It really depends on the wash of the jean. I have one pair of 7s that don't really stretch and another that does like crazy. I just throw them in the washer and dryer and they have held up fine. I don't have any COH's.

I also wash mine inside out on a low temperature setting and then leave them to hang dry. Mine stretch a little bit, but they’ve more or less kept the same shape year after year.

I wash mine in warm water and I put them in the dryer, they seem to be ok so far, I have lots of jeans so I don't keep washing the same pairs, maybe that's why. Also, where I live, the water is hard which makes my jeans so stiff if I don't put them in the dryer.

I wash mine inside out & hang dry, I never put them in the dryer & both my Sevens & Citzens look great even after having them for years. In terms of stretching after wear I think it depends on the style, I find my Sevens stretch out more than my Citizens

I agree with every word of this :smile:

If your jeans are a size smaller (I buy small on occassion) they will stretch out eventually to fit perfectly but if you can get away with not washing them for awhile, hold off! It will shrink them a bit. Jeans don't really get that gross and smelly during normal wear... (Wash them if they do!) I mean, when people wear raw denim, they have to wear the jeans everyday for 6 months to a year or more before they can be washed.

Especially because your jeans are a size small, don't put them in the dryer!

They should last you a long while, and go with everything, and be super flattering. I hope you love them.

i think it took about 3 years of heavy use to wear out my favorite pair of citizen's. enjoy your new jeans, i'm sure they will last you a long time. and i've never had a pair of either brand that has stretched out too much.

My oldest pair of 7s is almost 8 years old! It hasn't stretched out too much and still looks fantastic on. The other ones I've accumulated over the years (7s and Citizens) are also doing really well. Enjoy yours!

CoH stand up much better in the wash. I wash/dry my CoH just like any other clothes and I have one pair that is several years old and is just fine. After a few years they start looking a little faded and the edges a little more frayed but I keep wearing them for more casual things and just buy a new pair as well. The denim holds up just fine and I think they are actually more comfortable like this.

As far as 7's go, I haven't bought any recently but my two oldest pairs (around 2 years) have gotten a little ratty looking. The seams are starting to look old and the texture of the denim itself has gotten weird. I still wear them, but they definitely didn't hold up as well as CoH.

The 7's seem to stretch a lot more than the CoH as well. I find that the CoH shrink right back up when I wash them and stay pretty tight for a couple of wears but the 7's don't shrink much and they are a little looser feeling after a couple of wears.

HTH!

I always throw my COH and Sevens in the washer and dryer and they're fine! I haven't experienced any problems with stretching but I have noticed that all my jeans shrink a bit lengthwise after I dry them. Which works perfectly for me because I don't have to get them hemmed!

I think they hold up great. I actually put mine in the dryer for 15 min on low just to "fluff" them a bit, then hang dry. Stretching out depends on the amount of lycra/spandex/elastane (depending on what stretch the jean has) as well as the weight of the jean. I find that the heavier weight denim although stretch still holds its shape a bit better than the lighter weight stretch jeans.