HOW DO: Chloe's Weather the Weather (hold up in rain or snow or humidity)

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The paddy isn't waterproof. Like with all leather.. you should always protect it from the rain. Typically, I use applegarde rain protective spray.

2. I use protective waterproof leather spray too...but if I know it's going to rain that day,I just don't carry the Paddington. It's been caught in an accidental downpour once and it wasn't damaged,but I spray it almost each time I take it out.

I've had it for a year now and it's pristine.

3. I could just die... It stopped raining, the sun was out, and I went to my car. A huge drop dripped down from a tree onto my bag and left a HUGE water spot. Huge. I blotted it as soon as I could but two hours later the spot looks brand new. What can I do???

This is on my Edith, btw, not the Paddy.

4. you might want to try drying it with a blowdryer. then consult a professional leather cleaner (shoe/bag repair place). don't try to fix it yourself, it may make it a lot worse. that's why my whiskey is still at the shop.

5. Ugh Daisy I'm sorry :huh: . You know,the best thing you can do is nothing. See how it dries,and if there is any residue contact Chloe and ask for help.

On the care tags for Mulberry darwin leather it says to let bag dry naturally if it gets wet...and I've always done this with good results.

Good luck!

6. dont take it out or use an unbrala.

7. I agree, Daisy...give it a couple of days to dry out and it will probably be good as new.

8. Thanks girls. You just won't believe this, I am now indebted to my bud Roey, who suggested that I stretch the leather out to lighten the spot. I tried it a few different ways but finally decided to fold the top of the bag in half where the spot was to stretch it. The spot VANISHED right in front of my eyes and it is now 100% gone. I have pics. The pic with the spot was taken SIX hours after the raindrop hit it! It was SO dark and shiny and it was making me crazy. The second pic was taken 10 mintues ago--voila! I'm so
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:.

Attached Files:

9. Whew! That was close. Glad she's back to normal! I love happy endings:smile:

10. Thanks, Sue! =)

11. Ooooh! Magic! Am happy for you! Roey you genius!

Where can you get applegarde waterproof spray?

12. wooohooo....yay for Roey,and I'm so happy for you Daisy!!!:idea:

13. Wow that was close. Anyhow, the same thing happened with my Cerise and I didn't touch the spot for fear of mucking up the colour and when it dried, it was fine, doesn't show.

So my thought is that Chloe leather isn't treated waterproof but if you're careful and take care of it with leather care creams, it should do just fine if it hasn't been drowned.

14. Do these waterproofing sprays darken the leather of the bag at all?