How do Canadians protect their Vach??

Keepallboi

O.G.
May 12, 2011
It's ordered a mon mono speedy 40 (so excited yay!!!) but this is my first mono bag !! I am terrified of the vach. I don't want watermarks but I really prefer the nice honey patina on mono pieces. How can I protect my new vach from watermarks but allow It to patina? I am afraid of putting products on it but I do see a lot of ppl here use LMB or AppleCare. My SA said to just let it happen naturally and not to worry about it. I can't decide if I should apply something or let it go naturally.

Help put my mind at ease....protect or not to protect?!?

I don't protect mine at all, if its raining or wet snowing I just use a different bag or use my Damier. I have been caught in the rain with my neverfull and the waterspots all dried up and I can't even tell, mind you she doesn't have much Vachetta. But I always check the forcast in the morning and if the chance of snow or rain are above 40% I just opt to use other bags, just in case!

JennyErin said:
I don't protect mine at all, if its raining or wet snowing I just use a different bag or use my Damier. I have been caught in the rain with my neverfull and the waterspots all dried up and I can't even tell, mind you she doesn't have much Vachetta. But I always check the forcast in the morning and if the chance of snow or rain are above 40% I just opt to use other bags, just in case!

I'm planning to keep a longchamp le pliage inside my speedy just for those unexpected rain or snow storms !!!! But I still can't decide if I should protect it or not.

hello! i've lived in toronto my whole life... i have the speedy, nf and pochette in both mono & azur.. i never put any protection on them first ( too scared!) and i have not had a problem with either... i let things happen naturally.. but i will admit that in a big snow storm i try not to carry it. so far so good!!! hope this helps a bit!!

I honestly think that things like water spots and marks like that will fade as the vachetta patina's. I got caught in light rain with my speedy and the water dried up leaving no marks whatsoever.

I read somewhere on here that we shouldn't make these bags a burden and that we should be enjoying them. We pay enough for it. My vote is for natural ;)

I live in Canada, I havent put anything on my mono bags, and the patina is beautiful!! Granted I also dont wear them out in the rain storms, and I protect them with my scarf/jacket if it happens to rain.. My SA told me that for any slight dirt marks, just use a white paper/pencil eraser, and that works! Ive only ever had to use the white pencil/paper eraser where the hardware rubs against the vachetta on certain bags..

I'm in Canada, too, and have never protected my LV bags. Whenever rain or snow has gotten on the vachetta, it has left a small spot, but then clears up when it dries.

My advice would be just to let it be. Wear your LV, and enjoy it! Try not to worry too much about the elements.