How different is the same color on different H leathers

dokboki

Dec 2, 2011
To my knowledge,different leathers accepts dyes differently. but how different? you see, i recently acquired 2 different H leather bags, one in clemence and one in togo. I was told both are the same color but yet they look quite different. so different that they should not have the same name. is it because of the dye? or hecause of the skin? Please share info regarding this, in addition what leathers are are the ones similar to each other in terms of how the color turns out. or the most different. ;) TIA to all the lovely TPFrs

It really depends on the color. Some differ only slightly between leathers; others are dramatically different. For example, Rubis in Clemence is a rather muted, dusty red, while in Tadelakt it is intense and bright.

at gracekelly's request...

orange - swift, epsom, togo
View attachment 1539390

black - epsom, box, togo
View attachment 1539389

Gosh! They are all beautiful and I am not seeing radically different colors. Swift does take color very deeply. I think they are all just gradations of the same color and I have no problem with any of them. I would just enjoy them all.

I have some differences in vermilion between swift and chevre and differences in rouge vif between chevre and courchevel (predecessor of epsom) and the differences really are just depth of color/lightness. Rouge H color ranges with year of manufacture and between leathers from more red to more brown tones. I like all the subtle differences.