How did your Chloé bags age? And How long have you had them for?

I just purchased the Chloé Aby, crocodile embossed medium size handbag (calfskin- image below) and it should be on its way here, I am really excited but I am curious as to how Chloé bags hold up over the year. Did any of you Chloé owners find that they aged well?

I am just a bit anxious because this is my first Chloé bag purchase, and for something over $2000 I would expect it to last for quite some time without stitches coming out. I’m going to be using it as an everyday bag to replace my LV Alma. I find that LV bags are becoming extremely overrated so I decided to go with something more subtle and not too ‘ in your face’ with the brand. I guess something that would fit my office wear attire more.

But in terms of quality do you think they are generally similar to LV bags (Coated canvas) or do they tear and wear easier?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
45475276bv_22_f.jpg

Attachments

• 029544D8-44DA-4C9E-B6E2-ACBB956920C2.jpeg
    029544D8-44DA-4C9E-B6E2-ACBB956920C2.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Reactions: MooMooVT
I'm loving this new style - one of the aby's looks like an actual padlock. bless !!
I have loads of chloes, 5 paddingtons (2 are clutch), 2 bettys, 2 paraty's, 2 marcie's, all in amazing shape and stood the test of time. There might be some loose stitches in some that i have worn to death, but not had any other major issues. The leather is extremely strong and hardy. Even the super soft leather (my 05 paddington, large betty) both worn to death and can only say the leather is more soft and squishy.
My newest were the marcie's and paraty - both amazing, worn heaps, I haven't bought any newer bags as i didnt like them, - but when its cheaper on the pre-loved market i will get a Tess. My bags ranged in price a lot, all were preloved. I refuse to pay full price. Some were about 1K, the Marcie (large violet), i paid 1K for a pristine paddington in 2008 (metallic blue with black matte hw) Both still my favourite bags. but also got many for 300 to 500 on ebay and other consignment sites.

Enjoy your Aby, shes lovely.

- Blue Medium Owen (everyday work bag for the past 2.5 years and looking amazing, hardware is burnished gold and is maintained with no apparent obvious scratching on hardware. the thick blue leather has some scratch marks, the first one I noticed was painful but since then there are several and the bag is still gorgeous, scratches really becoming a sign of good use and love)
- Black Suede and Python Small Faye (scales looking good, hardware looking good)
- Black SS2017 Drew (the one with the big chain to allow for shoulder OR crossbody look)
- Brown Carbon Small Nile (looking good still)

I agree LV is overrated, I am sure Chloe doesn't hold much value over time, but I believe the bags are so distinctive, and low key lux, that anyone who buys a Chloe isn't buying a trend, they're buying beautiful lux leather with wonderful colors and has a distinctive style. Not a "basic girl" style bahaha.

enjoy your beautiful bag!

drew and nile are about 2-2.5 years old. faye is at least 3-4 years old.
all bags were on sale.

owen at 60% retail at nordstrom. 800-900ish
faye for $1000ish at barneys on sale
drew on sale at neimans- it was 25% off of 25% off (2nd cut)
nile on sale at neimans was under 1k

I agree LV is overrated, I am sure Chloe doesn't hold much value over time, but I believe the bags are so distinctive, and low key lux, that anyone who buys a Chloe isn't buying a trend, they're buying beautiful lux leather with wonderful colors and has a distinctive style. Not a "basic girl" style bahaha.

I agree there's a balance between resale value (LV, Chanel, etc) and other classic bags that stands the best of time. I have LV bags that I value very much - but I'd say my two Chloe bags (Marcie Medium and Faye Backpack small) are my absolute favorite. I don't care if the Chloe will bring a higher resale value - I'm sure they wont. But the leather is AMAZING and I wouldn't trade my Chloe's for any of my LV's.

Last edited:
I agree there's a balance between resale value (LV, Chanel, etc) and other classic bags that stands the best of time. I have LV bags that I value very much - but I'd say my two Chloe bags (Marcie Medium and Faye Backpack small) are my absolute favorite. I don't care if the Chloe will bring a higher resale value - I'm sure they wont. But the leather is AMAZING and I wouldn't trade my Chloe's for any of my LV's.

the leathers are out of this world aren’t they? Thick lux and so many fun colors right?!

- Blue Medium Owen (everyday work bag for the past 2.5 years and looking amazing, hardware is burnished gold and is maintained with no apparent obvious scratching on hardware. the thick blue leather has some scratch marks, the first one I noticed was painful but since then there are several and the bag is still gorgeous, scratches really becoming a sign of good use and love)
- Black Suede and Python Small Faye (scales looking good, hardware looking good)
- Black SS2017 Drew (the one with the big chain to allow for shoulder OR crossbody look)
- Brown Carbon Small Nile (looking good still)

lols 'basic' is exactly the right word for the clones carrying LV, and somehow the new designs are getting uglier & uglier.

The Chloe leathers are beautiful, especially the small grain. I probably started buying Chloe in 2015 with a black medium Marcie satchel. Since then, I've acquired two Marcie crossbodies, two more Marcie satchels and a Paraty. I love them for the thick, durable leather, their subtle and functional design, and gorgeous details. I also own bags by LV and Balenciaga, but my Chloes are by far my favorite and the most used. They've held up gorgeously!

Reactions: MooMooVT and Roie55
I own quite a few different designers (Chloé, Dior, LV, Saint Laurent, etc.) and multiple bags from each. Chloé by far stands out as having the best aging leathers. I have to baby all of my bags except my Chloé's. I treat them horribly. They look fantastic. The goatskin and grained calfskin put up with the biggest beating in my experience. Plus, you cannot hold a candle to Chloé's dye vibrancy. Chloé can ere on the edge of trendy, so my rule of thumb with the brand is to just go with a style you are going to love for a long time.

I got my first Chloe bag back in 2015- a motty grey mini Drew. My sister was living in France at the time and she was able to bring one back from the Chloe boutique in Paris for me- I think it was $1100 or $1200 at the time after the exchange rate, price difference, and VAT refund. It was my first serious designer purse and I wish I’d known then what I do now about taking care of luxury items! That said, it’s been my everyday bag for nearly 5 years and the leather has held up wonderfully despite the beating I’ve given it. The chain did break last summer and I took it back to the Chloe store to be fixed and had all of the hardware redone as it had gotten incredibly scratched and chipped over time. $90 and it looked brand new!

Started w a Paddy in 2006, now got 3 (2 paddys and a cross body version of the paddy), a heloise hobo and a silverado and they are going strong!
I think Chloe has the best leather: thick and rich

Reactions: Roie55
I have a Chloe Medium Aby Day in the saddle grained leather and I have to say i LOVE IT!. I paid about $1300 for it on sale about 7 months ago (impulse purchase!) I've been a fan of Chloe bags since the days of the Paraty, but this is the first I've ever bought, and I have to say, the leather is divine. Thick and smooshy, and very hard wearing. The only thing I wish were more true of my Aby Day is that it was lighter, because since it is a bigger bag, I tend to load it up and then it gets really heavy; the very thick leather also adds to the weight. However, holding it, using it, etc... is a dream because the leather is soooo luxurious, on all parts from the handle to the body. Plus, the Aby's overall aesthetic really suits my style, which is a bit preppy. Oh! also, I got caught in pretty bad weather with it out in NYC back in February, and it got pretty well soaked, and it's fine even after that!

Reactions: Roie55