How did you manage to fork over the money for an Hermes? Convince me!

Its difficult and almost impossible to justify a $4000 bag, but if you have $4000 to burn and you can't think of anything else that can give you more pleasure, then buy the bag.

When I was younger, I'd get weekend jobs, to pay for things that I would not normally pay for with my normal wages.

One of my hobby when I was growing up was photography. I got quite good at it that when I spent more than £5,000 on a new Nikon kit, I advertised myself as a photographer. I did weddings, clubs and business functions, and it literally covered the cost of my camera. I still get calls to do weddings after all these years even though I no longer advertise.

oh my goodness. this is becoming a plus / minus game for me.

originally: 3 or 4 Balenciagas + shoes + knick knacks.

Now down to TWO lindys - black AND etoupe (can't decide!!!!) i love both!
1 bag charm, 1 scarf
and 1 Balenciaga bag in dark green with silver hardware

oh my goodness!

i was about to ask you what colour you're getting. deciding on the colour is half the fun of getting a H bag imo

if you have to get one, i vote for etoupe. i love it, that's the colour of my first lindy.

i am sooo torn between the black and etoupe. I just hope the Paris stores have both of them in stock. I plan to buy them separately so I can test one out to see how it will work for me.

black because i don't have a black bag (i really don't like black) but it's classic and doesn't get dirty and i still think black is only for F/W. i also think black is boring. but it's changing little by little because i think black is now sleek & can literally go with everything. even with black clothing.

I have a basic black cheapo but functional bag from pacsafe (i'll be a tourist in europe) simply because when I bought it in brown it's hard to coordinate with my wardrobe, so i exchanged it for a black one.

I haven't yet planned my wardrobe for my trip yet (still too early plus i will be getting some new stuff as soon as the spring stuff comes out).

As for the Etoupe I'm afraid it would get dirty. But i love the color. and i think it will look fabulous with an orange or turquoise scarf.

I always have this thing about someone carelessly and accidentally carrying a pen & swiping it across my precious handbags hehehe. I really am nuts, huh?

I love the Bleu de Prusse but i already have 2 blue bags.

so maybe in the future, like maybe a couple of years down the line i'll get the Lindy in bleu.

but for now I guess that will be my starting point.

I :heart: both black and etoupe lindys. If you can get both, then, get both. I'm a Bal fan too but, Hermes is more addictive than Bal.:sweatdrop: However, Hermes can never replace Bal.:P

If it helps, think about price differences in Paris and wherever you are. I know that Bal prices around the world are not dramatically different, while Hermes is so much cheaper in Paris than in many other parts of the world (Asia especially). So it would make more sense to get Hermes in Paris and get Bals later elsewhere. Besides, you can order Bals over the phone from Bal Paris (I did that last year) while you can't do that with Hermes Paris.

Etoupe in clemence would be better than in swift if you are afraid of dirt showing up. And I really feel if you're not into black bags, there are much cheaper options than the Lindy. Besides, I am not terribly fond of Hermes black in most leathers because it is not black enough – the black Hermes pieces I own are in lizard, crocodile and ostrich but none in normal leathers. On the other hand, I love my black Bal First – so iconic.

oooh i was considering getting the Etoupe then a Black Bal in SGH!

thanks Roxane!

wonder if the handles in the Etoupe will darken from use. I prefer the Clemence because it looks more scratchproof than the swift.

gee I hope there will be an Etoupe available in the Fauborg store as i heard the SAs are friendlier there

thanks Allanrvj,

I saw the LV store on the street view. at least i'll now where it is.

BTW is it safe carrying an Hermes shopping bag (with my precious purchases inside of course) at the Metro? Or should I just get a cab?

I can't seem to find where the George V store is in google maps - street view. Help please.

You can tie twillies on the handles of your Lindy if you are afraid of them darkening.

Definitely try George V if they don't have an etoupe Lindy at FSH. The service there is hit-and-miss, but hey, whatever it takes to get your bag, right?

If you face LV on Champs-Elysee with the Arc de Triompe in the background, the George V shop is about 50m on the street off your left, diagonally across from LV. It's easy to miss, though – looks like an old-style apothecary's shop, very unassuming.

And yes, it's safe to tote your orange bag on the Metro – just don't be distracted and get pickpocketed or something. Hermes will actually deliver to your hotel too, if you like – the service is free.

i just knew it was right...and it's stopped me from spending money on other IT bags...the only two bags i've bought in the last 2 years were both birkins. it's cured me of chasing after different brands/bags.

but amazingly once you spend that much $$ on a bag, it's so easy to do it again. mind-boggling!

This could have come directly out of my mouth.:nuts: Yes, I feel the same way totally!!