How Did You Ladies Handle this?

So, I did my switch over from a COACH enthusiast to an LV lover just the other week. I purchased a Damier Ebony Speedy 30. I love it, and I am already looking into purchasing a NF in either classic Mono or Damier... Anyway, since I got it I've been getting lots of compliments however it seems that the majority of the people I come across ask if it's authentic. followed by a somewhat odd reaction when I tell them that it's real.. :S.. Also, when I went to the LV store here in my City, I had a group of girls starring at me and my speedy as if it were fake. You know, the glares and what not... I despise it when people assume its faux... Especially since I spent a fortune on it.. :sad: How do you people reply to those who just dont believe??

Maybe it's just me, but I never have this concern and am always amazed when I read about it on TPF. I carry LV because it suits me, not because of what others think. Perhaps this level of self-confidence and assurance only comes with age. But I really do not understand why so many people are concerned over this question. The fact that you "spent a fortune" on your bag should not matter. You know it's authentic, and that's all that matters. We all, at some point, have to check the tendency to allow our self-worth to be affected by the opinions of others. Further, who knows why a "group of girls" stares at someone? And, who cares?!! Life is too short. Enjoy carrying your bags, and do not spend an ounce of energy being concerned about whether or not someone thinks your bag is real or fake. Personally, I'm just glad you've 'graduated' and finally 'come into the light' to discover the superior combination of style, quality, and refinement that is Louis Vuitton!:flowers:

Once again, thank you for your replies! Haha, Also, to Bagluvluv, YOU'RE RIGHT! I'm already looking into purchasing the Monogram Neverfull! :smile: :smile: Looking at everyones collections makes me excited to get to where you all are!

when i was younger...im only 20, but when i was younger, i felt like i needed to let people know that my bags were real...tacky, i know. but now i dont care. i know my bags are real and if someone thinks they're fake, so be it. i dont bother with them because most of the time, they either dont own anything designer, or they carry fakes themselves.

I don't really care if someone thinks my LV's are fake. I've never had anyone try to argue with me over them either though. I've had people ask...hairdresser, nail tech, aquaintences and I tell them yes and leave it at that. I have gotten funny looks, but I assume that's because they think it's ridiculous that I buy real and not fake!

thats exactly why im having doubts when im thinking of buying a mono speedy 30..there are too many fakes out there so why spend big bucks on it when dumb people will only think its fake? if it wasnt for that issue, i would have gotten the bag already.

I think it is something all LV fans have to be ready to take.
I knew the minute I fell into this, I would be the subject to ITR (Is That Real) looks/stares/glares/questions etc.
I do get a fair bit, but not many really approached me and ask was it real, besides my friends, but who now never asks that questions because they know I only buy real ones.

Enjoy life, as long as you know it is real, that is all it matters =)
Life is too short to be pissed at those who think it is fake, LV fans know what is real and what is fake, so when you carry your real and another LV carrier smiles at you, you know, secretly, that both of you are LV fans, who enjoy the real deal.

I rather have people thinking my bags are fake at work, I avoid the envy/bad looks, and noone ask questions...
I know they're real, that's all that matters...
is it too weird? lol

I'm sure this is what I'll go thru when I finally take "the plunge." I live in hicktown Iowa and I'm ready for everyone to assume it's a knock-off! I'll be OK with knowing it's real! You need only please yourself! I think my answer to the question "is that real?" will be "are you TRYING to offend me?" ha ha ha
Maybe just a simple "I don't condone fakes" will clear the air!

Otherwise, like OP said...you know it's real and that's what matters!!