How did you get into Coach?

I also was into Coach before signature. I got my first all-leather Coach about 10 years ago. I knew so many people with them & LOVED the thick leather! It took signature a while to grow on me, but I still loved the shape of the bags & the neat little accessories. I, too, have ventured into LV & Gucci, but Coach is my true love. I have a ton of their shoes & really can't imagine buying another brand.

My mom bought me my first Coach bag 8 years ago. The only time that I would use the bag was for special events b/c of it being a leather bag.

I kinda got back into it last spring when I bought my Soho wallet and my braided wristlet on sale but avoided it b/c of the prices. (That was when the small Signature Ergo Hobos were costing $230 instead of $198 b/c of the high exchange rates in Canada.)

I really started getting into Coach again at the end of last year (when the prices became the same as the U.S.A and when I started my maternity leave again-for the 3rd time). I have the time now to check TFP and coach.com. Since Jan/08, I have bought 2 bags, 1 mini skinny and 1 wristlet. Right now I'm banning myself until I get my tax refund and/or when I go to the Niagara Fall, NY outlet in May. Whichever one comes first.

For me it was all LisaG719!!! She was coming home with Coach all the time and when I would start to go shopping with her. I would always tell her that she was crazy for spending so much money on a bag, but then I saw my love!

I got my first Coach in the fall of 2005! It was a black optical with grey suede!!! It was all it took, that one purchase, I fell in love!:love:

LisaG719...you rock!

When I was in my early 20s and entering the professional world, all of the chic women exec's in my company carried Coach bags and briefcases, so I had to have one! My then-boyfriend (now husband) bought me my first Coach bag - a rather plain gray leather shoulder bag - and its been all Coach for me ever since. Ive strayed occasionally, but Ive basically carried only Coach bags for over 20 years, waaaaay before signature/optic/scarf prints, etc!!

My DH bought me my first Coach bag 1-1/2 years ago and we got it for really a good deal because DH's best friend's daughter was an SA and he owed my husband a favor so offered to help get a Coach bag for me for staff discount price. That was a one chance thing and if I had it to do over again I would have gotten a better bag like a Lily or something nicer but I didn't know anything about Coach so all I got was a soho satchel for the good deal! Later I wanted a black Coach bag so bought one on ebay. Another soho but a hobo this time. Then I found tPF and I realized there are much better Coach bags out there like the Legacy line and my favorite bag...the belted large ergo. If it weren't for tPF I probably would have been done with Coach with my two soho bags and then been satisfied. hehe But no, now I am a Coach fiend and still on the prowl for Coach goodies. I appreciate all my Coach bags and still use them all.

i didnt really know about them until i came to college and a girl in my class was doing a project and she did her's on how coach is a waste of money and stuff and she had her roommate's bag as part of her 3D project and i thought it was adorable and i had to have one, despite what she was saying HAHA. after that i started noticing them everywhere and i had to have one.

I grew up watching my mom get handbags from Coach. She always talked about the quality of the leather. And then she got me a coach bag for my 16th bday... there's the story! haha

tpf has definitely brought out more of the obsession though! haha

I got into Coach about 4 years ago. Coach was my gateway to higher end brands. I sold all of my Coach to fund Chloe, Bottega, Balenciaga, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Chanel. Now, after owning all of the high-end designers, I have become completely disillusioned with them and have almost sold all of my collection to come back to Coach and other mid-range brands. It has been a wonderful and strangely "cleansing" experience. I can't even begin to talk about all of the quality problems I had with the high-end brands. Darkening handles, Chanel quilting stitches coming undone, leather tearing on handles, leather wearing REALLY quickly to the point of being ridiculous. People like to make up excuses for all of these problems by citing that it is a "luxury" item. But, for all of that $$ I expected amazing quality - and it honestly just isn't there. Everyone likes to hate on Coach, but all of the Coach I have owned has (at the very least) held up through wear and tear beautifully. Coach leather bags are functional and timeless IMO. So, Coach, here I come again!

I got into Coach about 4 years ago. Coach was my gateway to higher end brands. I sold all of my Coach to fund Chloe, Bottega, Balenciaga, Prada, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Chanel. Now, after owning all of the high-end designers, I have become completely disillusioned with them and have almost sold all of my collection to come back to Coach and other mid-range brands. It has been a wonderful and strangely "cleansing" experience. I can't even begin to talk about all of the quality problems I had with the high-end brands. Darkening handles, Chanel quilting stitches coming undone, leather tearing on handles, leather wearing REALLY quickly to the point of being ridiculous. People like to make up excuses for all of these problems by citing that it is a "luxury" item. But, for all of that $$ I expected amazing quality - and it honestly just isn't there. Everyone likes to hate on Coach, but all of the Coach I have owned has (at the very least) held up through wear and tear beautifully. Coach leather bags are functional and timeless IMO. So, Coach, here I come again!

I found your post really interesting! I'm proud of my Coach bags and I always suspected the quality was higher than other designers. HOORAY for Coach! :tup:

I was never one to spend more that $50 or so on a bag until I found a great deal on a python patchwork bag on ebay. I was so impressed with the quality that it got me hooked. I realized that the Coach leather bags that will last for years were a better bargain than my old cheap vinyl ones that would fall apart after a few months.

Just wanted to share an experience I had that relates to the quality of Coach bags. A couple of years ago, my husband and I had to go to our local Courthouse because someone had driven into one of the trees on our property. When you enter the Courthouse, you have to go through metal detectors and put your handbags, etc on a counter so that one of the police officers can open your bag and check it out. When I put my bag down and the officer opened it, he looked at me and said, "this is really a nice bag"! Now, I don't know how much he knows about the quality of a good handbag, but he was impressed with my Coach!

I used to think Coach was slightly annoying because EVERYONE had a Coach bag, but then this past Christmas I decided that I needed a new purse and started looking around for a good bag, and I finally decided to give Coach a try and got my dad to get me a bleeker signature hobo for Christmas. And now I just can't stop! ;)

For me it was all LisaG719!!! She was coming home with Coach all the time and when I would start to go shopping with her. I would always tell her that she was crazy for spending so much money on a bag, but then I saw my love!

I got my first Coach in the fall of 2005! It was a black optical with grey suede!!! It was all it took, that one purchase, I fell in love!:love:

LisaG719...you rock!

:smooch:Need we say that your optical bag is still looking fantastic! :tup:

I have always wanted Coach bags but it wasn't until I moved out to Oregon that I could afford to indulge. My first was a brown signature demi with matching business card holder in 2002. I told myself that would be the only one... but clearly I failed. :shame: