How did you get into Coach?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm just curious, and I apologize if a similar thread already exists, but what made all of you fellow Coach lovers get into Coach?

For me it was when my mom gave me my first Coach bag as a senior in high school/ At that time they wer still doing the all-leather bags and so that is what she gave me. I loved the buttery softness of the leather and the smell! It was so luxe and that bag is still in great shape and that was ten years ago. So I would love to hear your stories about what started you on the path to loving and appreciating Coach!

2. My sister in law! I could kill her now!! Before I used to never spend more than $20 on a bag. I saw her purses and asked her about them. She has cost me a lot of money! LOL But i am happy she did!

3. My sister. She would buy Coach and then I would look at her bags and want her bags. So last year I bought my own.

Now 3 bags-3 wristlets and 1 skinny mini later.

4. I got seriously into Coach when I worked there as an SA a few years back. :flowers:

5. My brother bought me my first Coach when I was a Sophomore in Highschool.

been stuck ever since.

6. It may be ironic but... a FAKE got me into Coach.

My aunt bought me a fake of a pink Coach Demi pouch like .... 3 years ago (wow not that long ago :s) and I thought I was so cool with my Goach... YUCK. But I really liked the style of the bag so I looked at Coaches online and eventually found tPF :heart: I read all the bad stuff about fakes and threw mine away promptly... then I finally visited a Coach outlet for the first time that next summer where my parents got me a small leather wristlet. And just like that... I was hooked. My collection started growing, and Coach became an ADDICTION. Never looked back since. :smile:

7. I saw a girl in like middle school (who I'm guessing was sporting her mom's hand me down but probably not as I knew the bag was in the stores at dillard's. It was the drawstring ones. It was like $200. I was 12 and though OMG that is SOOOOOOOOOOO much money lol) who had one and I've loved them ever since. I bought my first one on eBay for my 25th birthday!

8. I advanced from Dooney to Coach at about 1990. I have no regrets. I actually have ventured to other designers LV, Prada, Fendi, Marc Jacobs. I have purchased one of each and sold them all. I love Coach.

9. I got into Coach after my boyfriend bought me my first one for my b-day and been head-over heels since. :yes:

10. In 8th grade two of my friends used to go on and on about how they wanted a coach bag and always thought to myself "WHAT THE HECK IS COACH!?". Then one day I was reading one of their blogs and they had a pic of a sig. demi pouch and it was love at first sight!

11. I got my first Coach bag about 15 years ago. I just loved the quality of the leather. I got my first bag even before they offered signature.

12. I got into COACH by browsing Macy's one day (about 2 years ago) and have always loved the style of COACH bags, but never had enough guts to convince myself to by a bag for that much $... finally I did it one day, and have been stuck on COACH ever since because now I know that they are worth the money! :P

13. one of my best friends got me hooked. she is a fellow TPF'er, SpoilMeRotten. She got an 06 Patchwork tote for christmas a couple years ago and brought it to work...

I really appreciated the quality of the bag and really like how they arent as expensive as the other designers out there...

but yeah, i blame her!! LOL!!

14. My SIL got me into Coach about 5 years ago, I have been hooked ever since!

15. I started buying Coach sooooo many years ago, when they only offered leather bags. I loved the feel, smell and classic look of the wonderful Coach leather. At that time, Coach was such a different bag from the others that the stores sold. They really stood out for their look and feel of quality. I bought quite a few at that time, they are now on the website under classic favorites, used them continuously, and they look as good today as they did then. A real testimonial to the enduring quality of Coach leather!