How did you first discover Louboutin?

I used to be crazy for Manolos and would try to find them on ebay. I noticed that when I did a search that related searches said louboutin. One day I decided to click there and was instantly in awe of what I just discovered. I have since sold all of my manolo collection except one pair to fund my CL purchases.

I remember seeing them in a magazine and initally I thought the red sole was tacky............then I starting lurking in the CL subforum here on TPF wondering what the fuss was all about & trying to figure out what was it about these red soled shoes that people would pay so much for.

I eventually fell in love. Then I saw a pair for the 1st time in person at Neiman Marcus Last Call (brown suede Samira with scroll) & I was head over heels! I bought them that day. (But have since returned them.)

My husband gave me my first pair of Louboutin's as a birthday gift in 2004 (while we were still dating). They were (are -- I still have them) a pair of black, pebble grain, deerskin knee boots he bought on Bluefly. The box says Cambrina Cervo. That was back when Bluefly picked up inventory anywhere they could find it and tended to sell it out of season. The box still has the Grossman Shoes sticker on it for $1025 in addition to the Bluefly sticker.

I can't remember how I first discovered Louboutin, but it was probably back in 2005.

I think it was initially seeing celebs in their Bruges (especially Nicole Richie in her style heyday), but what tipped me over the edge then was seeing a December '05 Vogue photoshoot of Keira Knightley in red glitter Pigalle 120's. They were (and are) the ultimate Dorothy shoe!

I first discovered CL in magazines (US, Cosmo, etc...) but I never thought about buying a pair until *drumroll* TPF!!! I now have a small collection of 6!

Like so many others here, I'd seen them in lots of magazines, on x17, etc. I'd really liked them but didn't think I'd ever buy a pair. The tipping point was when I saw Britney wearing a pair for an interview (People I think it was?), they were black suede something. So I did some searching, found tPF (spending that much for shoes, I didn't want to get ripped off on fakes), and here I am!

When I was a sophomore in high school, I would read through magazines and would always take note of the shoes I liked. I started realizing that the designer of the shoes that I liked were all the same. Looking down at my collective list, the same name was written down my paper -- "Christian Louboutin". I remember googling his name (this was when the internet was still fairly new haha) to see where I could buy them and how much. I remember my jaw dropping when I saw the price and I told myself that I would never spend that much money on a pair of shoes. Flash forward 11 years later, here I am writing about it on a forum dedicated to Louboutin shoes with a small collection of my own. Oh the irony. But I don't regret it a single bit. :love: