How did you decide which combi of Nightingale to get (hw, leather, logo, colour)

telrunya

O.G.
Nov 8, 2007
Hi all! I'm considering to get my first Givenchy (a nightingale!) and is vv excited! I've been addicted to Balenciaga and never thought I'd like another brand. Until now!!

I'm pretty sure I want a medium nightingale, and I spotted 1 - dark green nightingale in goat skin (silver logo), which I might get, but I'm not sure if I'm getting the "most suitable one" for myself, since there are so many combis. What do you all think about this?!

Hence I'd like to find out how you ladies decide which combi to get!

I'm more or less sure that I want something in goat skin, since I heard it's the most durable... I'd also prefer embossed logos but it seems like goat skin doesn't come with embossed logos? And I'm ok with gold or silver hw since Givenchy's gold hw is not too flashy... And lastly, a neutral colour...

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
Hi all! I'm considering to get my first Givenchy (a nightingale!) and is vv excited! I've been addicted to Balenciaga and never thought I'd like another brand. Until now!!

I'm pretty sure I want a medium nightingale, and I spotted 1 - dark green nightingale in goat skin (silver logo), which I might get, but I'm not sure if I'm getting the "most suitable one" for myself, since there are so many combis. What do you all think about this?!

Hence I'd like to find out how you ladies decide which combi to get!

I'm more or less sure that I want something in goat skin, since I heard it's the most durable... I'd also prefer embossed logos but it seems like goat skin doesn't come with embossed logos? And I'm ok with gold or silver hw since Givenchy's gold hw is not too flashy... And lastly, a neutral colour...
welcome, lots of bal ladies here so make yourself comfy, cuz you might wanna stay awhile :smile:

i think the dark green and silver hw is a fabulous combination, and not so common either, which i like. and goatskin is much more expensive and lower maintenance than lamb so this is a winner.

Mar 4, 2013
I just bought a large Nightingale in black goatskin with silver hardware, and it's fabulous! I have two small boys, so I plan on using it as a diaper bag too...plenty of room!

ehemelay

O.G.
Apr 30, 2009
Midwest USA
I just bought a large Nightingale in black goatskin with silver hardware, and it's fabulous! I have two small boys, so I plan on using it as a diaper bag too...plenty of room!
I'd love to see some photos of your Large Nightingale! We don't see many of those on the forum... curious how much bigger it really is vs. the Medium Nightingale...

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
^^ Yeah, me too... Please do a reveal if you haven't.

OP, I knew that my bag would not be black and I went hunting. I didn't care about the leather, per se. Or even the hardware. I decided that I wanted a grey one and searched all over. I ended up with one from a previous season.

The green and silver combi you mentioned sounds really nice though. I love G colors - they are always very vibrant and arresting. Let us know what you eventually choose.

bostonchic

Jan 3, 2013
Your large black is gorgeous! And at 5'11" you can totally pull it off. I wanted a large, but at 5'4" it overwhelmed me. I also love how it slouches.

I own both a goat and a lamb nightingale, and the goat is by far my favorite. It's so much softer than the lamb. It's more durable too (which is important to me), but not quite as durable as I'd hoped. I'm extremely carful with my bags and after only a couple of months I've notices some light wear around the bottom. It's very very minor; I'm sure I'm the only one who can see it. I think next time I'm going for patent leather. I also agree with the previous poster - Givenchy's colors are wonderful. The dark green with silver sounds stunning. Do post pics when you make your decision!