How did you buy your WOC?

mliLV

Nov 8, 2021
I am thinking of buying a WOC. I know it is a popular Chanel piece. Did you just buy it off the floor? Was it easily accessible? Or did you have to reserve it through an SA? The stand alone boutique I went to the other day, seemed to have a number of WOCs available. I'm just wondering if the WOC is easier to get than the mini classic, or other popular pieces.

I don't know how it is in the us. I am located in Europe and it became much harder to get a WOC. My SA told me that they plan to ship less classic items (such as WOC) to boutiques because they want to be more exclusive. My SA showed my completely empty drawers without any WOC (neither classic nor seasonal ones).
I don't think that a WOC is easier to get compared to other classic items (at least in my country) because they are sold out very quickly.

Reactions: mliLV
Depends on the type of WOC you’re looking for. In London it has been near impossible for the last 4-5 months to get hold of a black caviar WOC with GHW. Other variations in lambskin and or wirh SHW are easier to come by. Overall I think a WOC is still easier to get than a mini rec. I waited 1 year for a mini rec with GHW but my SA was only ever able to offer SHW. I also waited 1-2 months for a black caviar WOC with GHW from the store and ended up purchasing one in excellent pre-loved condition.

Hope this helps :flowers:

Reactions: Ahardiva and mliLV
I got my classic black caviar with GHW back in December 2021, and had reached out to my SA at NM about it back in late November. He told me he would reserve it for me and a few weeks later, it came in and I purchased it.

I was able to get a classic beige caviar with GHW WOC last Saturday at NM. My SA told me they had received two classics in beige in their Friday shipment and one had already sold that day of (I got there close to opening). Wasn't on the waitlist for the beige (was for the black), just walked in to browse and was able to get one. They defintiely had more 19 WOC than the classic though.

Mini rectangles are nowhere to be found :frown:

I don’t think wocs are that popular in my city. It seems every time I go to the local boutiques here there are always wocs available. My SA shows me some every time I go lol (classic colors and seasonals). I’m not a woc person but have a boy woc in caramel that I walked in the store and got from the shelf last year.

I bought one this year (seasonal) and I pre-reserved it. If you know what you want I would "order" with and SA, then you know you will get it. I think you have to be lucky to get exactly what you want just by walking into the boutique.

I got really lucky. I went into a boutique and was able to get one on the spot. I did want a white one though (we were on our honeymoon and I’m super sentimental) and I know I gambled big when I didn’t try calling ahead. I figured, if they magically had one, it was meant to be. And it was.

Reactions: Metchen and mliLV
If it’s in stock, you can just buy it. If not in stock, you can ask the SA to call/text you if/when that style comes in. I bought mine just by walking in my local stand alone boutique.

I got one a few months ago. I called a number of Neiman Marcus Chanel boutiques and got myself on about 10 waiting lists for the classic black caviar ghw WOC. I received a text that one was available about three weeks after calling. After that, I received a couple more texts over the next month or two from different boutiques, because I was still on their waiting lists. (I called more than 10 boutiques but only put myself on the shorter waitlists)

I think I was successful in part because of my determination and effort and also my timing....the wocs were being sent to the boutiques soon after I called. I must say that calling NM Chanel boutiques was a better approach than going into to my local Chanel boutique to get on a waitlist. I never heard back from the latter!
good luck!

I had to wait two weeks before my local SA was able to find one for me. I also added myself to about 2-3 boutiques by contacting a few SAs who I found from this wonderful forum. They texted me 1-2 weeks later that they had one available too. It was black caviar with GHW.

Reactions: pearlgrass
I got one a few months ago. I called a number of Neiman Marcus Chanel boutiques and got myself on about 10 waiting lists for the classic black caviar ghw WOC. I received a text that one was available about three weeks after calling. After that, I received a couple more texts over the next month or two from different boutiques, because I was still on their waiting lists. (I called more than 10 boutiques but only put myself on the shorter waitlists)

I think I was successful in part because of my determination and effort and also my timing....the wocs were being sent to the boutiques soon after I called. I must say that calling NM Chanel boutiques was a better approach than going into to my local Chanel boutique to get on a waitlist. I never heard back from the latter!
good luck!
Can you show me your ways!

Most of the Chanel stores have the classic black wocs in Paris right now. Not sure if that helps with anyone’s situation! I picked up the pretty navy blue one with the diamanté logo.