How did you and hubby/SO meet?

My hubby and I met via our computers - BUT - waaaaaaaaay back in 1984!! Most people didn't even own a computer much less have online capabilities. :lol:

I was dating a guy who worked in research and he had a computer and a modem (almost exactly like the way the kid dialed out in the movie War Games - put the phone receiver into the model cradle). The only thing we could dial into was a matchmaking site run by a local guy.

(The guy who ran the matchmaker ended up loaning me a Commodore 64 to dial in with when I broke up with the first guy...)

Long story short: My hubby, the high tech guy that he is, also was online and found my stats and wrote to me. I thought for sure he was fabricated because we had a 92% match and I never answered him. He wrote many times but I always ignored him... One day he sent a message (wasn't called email back then) saying he had called in sick to work for the first time in his life because his beloved little dog had died and he was grieving. That message made me finally write back to him. :love: We talked on the phone for weeks and finally met in person and we got married 3 years later.

Because meeting in this way was SO unusual back then, the newspaper in our city even ran an article on us! :lol: (edited to add: one of our friends was a journalist and thought we were a great human interest story. My mom used to say "WHY can't you just tell people you met at church?)

And on another little side story: the man who ran that matchmaking BBS system really liked me and I used to think "you're just a geek working for Radio Shack with no future" and I wouldn't go out with him. Well, he sold that software he wrote (now one of the very biggest online dating forums!) and he is a mega-mega-millionaire! We (hubby and I) are still great friends with him.

We met at this club called PM. I was at my friend's table and he was at another table just looking at me grinning from ear to ear. It's been heaven (with an occasional visit to hell - hey, gotta keep it real now) ever since!

we met in high school. we were totally opposites and then suddenly, during the senior class trip, we really bonded and became the best of friends.a year later we started dating and today.. here we are, getting ready to celebrate 14 years of marriage this winter.

Me and my guy met online. I always swore I would never do on line dating, but after meeting guys through so many other ways that weren't working I finally gave in and did it, and look where I am now - living with him and we just bought a house.

The funny thing is, if I met him anywhere else, the outcome would have been the same. We are both athletic, outgoing people with strong family values, love to dine out, club, fashion savvy, ambitious, etc. If anything, I'm surprised with our similar lifestyles how our paths didn't cross sooner, but oh well, the end result is the same and we are very happy.

At a club thru friends. We had a lot of chances to meet before but never did. It's a good thing we didn't...we would've been too young. Strange how things work sometimes... ;)

twoharleygal said:
My hubby and I met via our computers - BUT - waaaaaaaaay back in 1984!! Most people didn't even own a computer much less have online capabilities. :lol:

I was dating a guy who worked in research and he had a computer and a modem (almost exactly like the way the kid dialed out in the movie War Games - put the phone receiver into the model cradle). The only thing we could dial into was a matchmaking site run by a local guy.

(The guy who ran the matchmaker ended up loaning me a Commodore 64 to dial in with when I broke up with the first guy...)

Long story short: My hubby, the high tech guy that he is, also was online and found my stats and wrote to me. I thought for sure he was fabricated because we had a 92% match and I never answered him. He wrote many times but I always ignored him... One day he sent a message (wasn't called email back then) saying he had called in sick to work for the first time in his life because his beloved little dog had died and he was grieving. That message made me finally write back to him. :love: We talked on the phone for weeks and finally met in person and we got married 3 years later.

Because meeting in this way was SO unusual back then, the newspaper in our city even ran an article on us! :lol: (edited to add: one of our friends was a journalist and thought we were a great human interest story. My mom used to say "WHY can't you just tell people you met at church?)

And on another little side story: the man who ran that matchmaking BBS system really liked me and I used to think "you're just a geek working for Radio Shack with no future" and I wouldn't go out with him. Well, he sold that software he wrote (now one of the very biggest online dating forums!) and he is a mega-mega-millionaire! We (hubby and I) are still great friends with him.

That is too funny, I was using a computer in 84 to dial up MedLine to do research, with the phone cradle and all...

I was working as a reporter/anchor at a TV station and we played in charity basketball games in our viewing area to raise money for individual charities.

One night we went to this little farming community and he was on the other team. He coached nearby. He dunked and it was all downhill after that. One year later we married and then honeymooned at the state basketball tournament. :heart:

I met my husband in the internet, in the dating site....
sometimes i feel embarass to tell people the story!
But, people do like our love story when we tell them!
Its amazing how internet makes 2 people together from thousand of miles away!

I met my boyfriend through work last year. He is one of the clients who would always call to get some info we provide. So I always thought his voice was hot so I emailed him just to start up conversation and we emailed each other back and forth for months. We always flirted and exchanged pictures but nothing came of it until months later he asked me out but I turned him down. After that he wouldn't speak to me. So a month later in November I emailed him to see how he was doing and he asked me again and I said ok. And we've been together ever since. Next month we make a year. :love:

We met thru springstreet.com At the time we were both just getting out of relationships so we weren't ready yet for anything but friendship but it just worked out. We chatted online for a month before we met. Finelly we met up for coffee in front of Barnes and Nobles and we hit it off. It's been 4 years!

When he was in college he was at a friend's dorm for a party, drunk off his ass, as most college males are on the weekends. He got on his friend's computer and decided he'd be cute and IM all of his friend's "buddies" on his AIM buddy list. What's strange is I did not know this friend and yet I was on his buddy list. I think he may have been a fan of my artwork. I was the only person that night that responded to his messaging because I thought it was hilarious. I was with someone at the time but we were friends for a good 3 years online. Right after I broke up with my first real boyfriend, Fred and I decided to meet just as friends since we had so much in common, both computer gaming geeks and all. We just had sparks and a few months later we started "dating" mainly online. We'd visit each other once a month and did that for a year until we moved to Boston a year ago and it's been magic ever since. We're getting married in June!

Hubby and I met in October 1999 at a restaurant in San Francisco called Asia SF. This place is very well known because all of the servers are men in drag! They also do performances on the bar. It's hilarious! I was there for my friend's 30th birthday party. There were about a dozen of us there.

This guy walked up to our table and started chatting with me (I was sitting on the end). He was there with his friend, who took him there to get him out of the house (he had just broken up with a girlfriend and was very depressed). He said we should keep in touch, and I gave him my number, but I never thought he would call.

Well, I was wrong. He did call, we became very good friends and our relationship developed. We got married in May 2004 and we're very happy!