How Did Hermes Change You?

H made me realize how much I've been spending on bags/shoes and that my priorities may have been misplaced. I am on a self-imposed H-ban (but that's not stopping me carrying the H bags that I do have).

I keep on thinking to myself, "For the price of a bag, I can buy a new couch for my condo.... or 10 laptops."

The unit of currency has changed around my house. My DH counts everything in units of birkins, as in "Do you know how many birkins you could have bought for what you spent on those scarves?!?!"

cos of Hermes, I found the tPF, then I found the balenciaga forum, and ended up with 4 more bbags within a month.... sorry! please don't :noggin: me, I promise I'll be good and come back to Hermes verrrryyyy soon!

H made me realize how much I've been spending on bags/shoes and that my priorities may have been misplaced. I am on a self-imposed H-ban (but that's not stopping me carrying the H bags that I do have).

I keep on thinking to myself, "For the price of a bag, I can buy a new couch for my condo.... or 10 laptops."

Oh I agree! I am shopping for a couch for my condo as well and have thought the very same thing :yes:

Before Hermès I was a bag-collector. After my first Hermès I sold all my Chloés, Balenciagas, Marc Jacobs a.s.o. and stopped collecting. If you would have seen my bag-cabinet you understand how big this changing in my life was...

:biggrin: Same here!! I'm counting my pennies and making a piggy bank just for Hermes..(with just papers with the amount I've saved in it..not real money..)

And..thinking about selling my other purses!

i totally feel this way now. not that i've spent too much on H things lately, but we're building a house and i feel so guilty and shocked when i think how my choc box birkin is the same price as the stove or master bathtub that DH and i are contemplating on getting. however, there was no contemplating for me when i decided i wanted the birkin! it's sick i tell ya...

UWS & PBC- You girls are right on, and that's how I feel too. :shame: But, to alleviate some of that guilt, think what are you going to do with another couch or laptop anyway? :P

Now, now, now.....Ladies:P

Stoves....? Laptops :confused1:

BATH TUBS:nuts:

You think these things should come before or be more important than HERMES:s

Surely not....:hysteric:

WHO says so.......anyway?? WHO:shrugs:

Of course, it's nice to have all of these things, if that is what you want. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But, surely none are more well made, or more pleasurable or even more desirable than your Hermes.....

When you look back over your life....when you're looking at the things you wish to leave your daughters or grandchildren....what things will you leave?

A stove?

Refrigerator? Bathtub?

Or, your Jewelry...your Hermes....your personal well loved, often worn things.

~Your granddaughter, years from now: "Look, this Hermes Kelly and this diamond ring belonged to my Grandmother. Aren't they beautiful? And I love them, because they were hers"~:love:

i totally feel this way now. not that i've spent too much on H things lately, but we're building a house and i feel so guilty and shocked when i think how my choc box birkin is the same price as the stove or master bathtub that DH and i are contemplating on getting. however, there was no contemplating for me when i decided i wanted the birkin! it's sick i tell ya...

My thought exactly... over the weekend, bf and I visited Poliform and Lema to look for walk-in closets. I balked at the price tag (~ $20-30K for a walk-in closet outfit), until bf reminded me that is the price of an exotic birkin. I was so ashamed!!!

Now, now, now.....Ladies:P

Stoves....? Laptops :confused1:

BATH TUBS:nuts:

You think these things should come before or be more important than HERMES:s

Surely not....:hysteric:

WHO says so.......anyway?? WHO:shrugs:

Of course, it's nice to have all of these things, if that is what you want. Nothing wrong with that at all.

But, surely none are more well made, or more pleasurable or even more desirable than your Hermes.....

When you look back over your life....when you're looking at the things you wish to leave your daughters or grandchildren....what things will you leave?

A stove?

Refrigerator? Bathtub?

Or, your Jewelry...your Hermes....your personal well loved, often worn things.

~Your granddaughter, years from now: "Look, this Hermes Kelly and this diamond ring belonged to my Grandmother. Aren't they beautiful? And I love them, because they were hers"~:love:

LOL! too bad that sort of thinking will never fly with DH!!! perhaps i'll just have to wait till after the house is built and furnished to continue with my H collection (gotta stock our custom closet shelves with beautiful H bags!!). in the meantime, i'll just have to make use of my "secret stash" to sneak H goodies here and there!!!