How CrAZy would I have to be????

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
So, I've been checking out websites for good trigger clasps for some of my FOB's and future FOB's... and I stumbled upon brass stud's.

I LOVE the studded Sabrina in black, and have the black on black opart. So, I'm CONSIDERING studding my own Sabrina. These would NOT be be-dazzler studs. I'd custom order them. The only thing I worry about is getting the lining stitched back up correctly.

I know I won't be able to get a studded Sabrina, because when I DROP big bucks on my next Sabrina it's gonna be the Lg. grey spectator. Do you all think this is TOTALLY INSANE to consider?? I'm pretty crafty, but at the same time I don't know if the opart would carry the studs as well as the leather, and it's one of my fav bags that I never plan on letting go of.

I would OFCOURSE try the "procedure" on another bag prior to going at the Sabrina...what are your thoughts???

I'm sure some of you have previously had thoughts questioning my sanity..ha ha ha, so did thread justify those thoughts?? :lolots:

Everytime I try something like this, I'm never completely satisfied with the results and wind up just scrapping the whole project. That's just me though. If you try it out on another bag and love it, I don't see any reason not to do it to a Sabrina. I think it's cool when people do stuff like this.

Who knows, maybe you could start you're own purse personalization business!

Adding studs to Op Art or Signature fabric will make the bag look "too busy" :shrugs: Besides, you might want to be careful considering the Op Art material is made of cloth and is not as thick or sturdy as leather to hold those studs.

you know, that is kinda crazy, but I have thoughts like this all of the time. I was pondering painting a replica of Starry Night on one of my vintage bags.......

maybe you should practice on a vintage bag and see how you like it.....

Wow you're brave. I still haven't gotten my black Sabrina out of the house for fear the elements will overtake her! (hope my first post with avatars and signatures worked!)

I don't worry about it looking too busy, JUST because the bag is tone on tone. IF the bag was a signature bag in which the C's are highly visible then I wouldn't even consider it!!!

Adding studs to Op Art or Signature fabric will make the bag look "too busy" :shrugs: Besides, you might want to be careful considering the Op Art material is made of cloth and is not as thick or sturdy as leather to hold those studs.

lovecoachmore, sorry off topic, I don't have a comment about adding studs but I'm wondering if that book in your avatar is any good? I guess it is if it's in your avatar, is it about vampires? I love the twilight saga.

Even on a tone-on-tone bag, I think it'd look too busy. Where, in relation to the Cs, would you put the studs? Same place relative to each C? It's just honestly not going to look good on the op art fabric, no matter how you do it.

If I decide to do it, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it would look like. I would place the studs similiar to where they are located on the leather one. I'm really tempted to give it a shot. I'll have to order a few studs and see what the damage of placement will be on another bag. I think it'll work, but that's JMHO. If I go for it, I'll post pictures!!!

Even on a tone-on-tone bag, I think it'd look too busy. Where, in relation to the Cs, would you put the studs? Same place relative to each C? It's just honestly not going to look good on the op art fabric, no matter how you do it.

It's a series on HBO, and yes there are 9 books right now, and the author CHARLAINE HARRIS just signed another 3 book deal and announced it at Comic-con!!! I'm on book #7 of 9. I think Trueblood blows Twilight off the map, but that may just be because I was into Trueblood prior to the release of twilight. The Sookie Stackhouse series (Trueblood) is a little more graphic and adult then the Twilight. It's one up'd Sex & the City as my favorite EVER TV series...and that's saying ALOT!!!

lovecoachmore, sorry off topic, I don't have a comment about adding studs but I'm wondering if that book in your avatar is any good? I guess it is if it's in your avatar, is it about vampires? I love the twilight saga.

I don't think it's a bad idea but I think you should put the studs only on the leather part of the bag. The amount of studs you put on has to be limited though so that the bag doesn't look too busy. Good luck and show us how it turns out if you decides to do it :smile:

That is a great series on HBO at the moment The books are called the Sookie Stackhouse series and they are fantastic. :tup: I have read all of them that are currently out and I think they are great for light reading.

And about the studs....I personally would not feel comfortable doing this to a bag that was as nice or expensive for fear of ruining it. If you try it on others and get really good at it first, then and only then. would I consider it

i think its a cool idea. im also an artsy do it yourselfer so i understand. so i say if you feel ya gotta do it then you know you are going to. however, IMHO i feel that the studs would be better paired with leather. not that they wouldnt look good on the fabric, but the fabric is more unpredictable and i fear when you pierce it you will inevitably get snags and pulls. i think this will result in inconsistencies that are eye catching. maybe im wrong, i hope im wrong, i hope it looks great. so whatever you choose, good luck!