How come Prada at Barneys does not have the original box?

konboss

Feb 13, 2008
I went to NYC Barneys today to buy a Prada wallet for my girlfriend. I had no choice but barneys because I had the barneys gift card to spend.

I expected full package with box and everything. But then, first they were just gonna wrap the $400 wallet in a paper. So I asked for a box then they brought barneys cheap looking paper box. I asked for the prada box but they said they don't carry prada boxes since prada makes tons of wallets now so each wallets don't come with box.

So frustrating. If I go to Prada store, would they give me a spare box for the new wallet although it was purchased from Barneys?

Sorry to hear that. Depending upon which Prada boutique you go to, they might give you a box...maybe, maybe not.

I will say, I bought a Prada fairy wristlet from a Prada boutique and they were hesitant to put that in a box, so you might not have much luck. Honestly I just think it is depending upon the SA and which boutique you go to...

Good luck!

I went to NYC Barneys today to buy a Prada wallet for my girlfriend. I had no choice but barneys because I had the barneys gift card to spend.

I expected full package with box and everything. But then, first they were just gonna wrap the $400 wallet in a paper. So I asked for a box then they brought barneys cheap looking paper box. I asked for the prada box but they said they don't carry prada boxes since prada makes tons of wallets now so each wallets don't come with box.

So frustrating. If I go to Prada store, would they give me a spare box for the new wallet although it was purchased from Barneys?

what a lucky girlfriend you have! :yes:

i bought two $430 prada wallets from barneys.com and they didn't come in prada boxes either. just wrapped in tissue paper and then placed in plastic bag. hopefully you'll have better luck if you try the boutique, but either way- it's what's INSIDE the box that counts and I know she'll love it. :tup:

It's been my experience that department stores do not have the boxes for the bags/accessories they sell (with the exception of LV and Chanel). Their online counterparts usually have boxes, though they're not the nice structured ones that the boutique has. You can try asking a Prada boutique for a box. It's not likely they will give you one unless you have a relationship or history with the store/SA or are buying something at their store... But it never hurts to try.

I do agree with the post above, though... It's what inside that counts... and the thought that went behind the purchase.

What a lucky GF!

I bought a prada wallet for a christmas present at NM and the SA did give me the Prada box. I don't know if it's because I shop there a lot or if she would do it for anybody, but I agree with what the others said....it's what's inside!!!