How come I had never heard of the Navy Exchange before?

purplecrystal

Nov 2, 2010
I had a big suprise today. My husband works for the Navy and has to travel around alot to the different bases. So he calls me today and says he is standing in the Coach store at the Navy Exchange. I said "Excuse me, you are where?" After my heart started beating again, I told him what to look for, never realizing how difficult that can be to describe a specific purse to a guy. Anyway, he wound up finding a couple of winners! He got me the Poppy Jazzy in gold leather(been looking at that one) and also the Alexandra in the Berry Op Art (WooHoo). He is about done Christmas shopping for me. But now that I am aware of these Navy Exchanges, he will have to check them out for me when he goes to the different bases! My eyes have been opened!!:yahoo:

DH is army ours is called the PX (Post exchange) They sell Coach Bags and shoes, Dooney and Bourke, Michael Kors etc. They also sell it online if your husband has base priveleges such as the px and commissary he can also register at aafes.com because they sell it online too.

DH is army ours is called the PX (Post exchange) They sell Coach Bags and shoes, Dooney and Bourke, Michael Kors etc. They also sell it online if your husband has base priveleges such as the px and commissary he can also register at aafes.com because they sell it online too.

AAFES.com doesn't sell much Coach anymore unfortunately.

The Navy Exchange is awesome because they sell Coach at 20% off retail all of the time plus no taxes! It is like PCE every single day!

The only time it doesn't work out for me is if what I want is in the outlet (I have outlet super close) because then the Exchange is more expensive for the same item.

On a side note, the Exchange is offering an ADDITIONAL 20% off of Coach (making it 40% off total and no taxes) on black Friday this year for a limited amount of hours in the morning

We were Stationed in San Diego 4yrs ago... LOOOOVE the NEX (Navy Exchange) there. Their Coach section IS THE BOMB!!! I was there last month and they have the new ones in stock.

You should check 'em out on Black Friday as they have extra discount especially on those darn Coach stuff! :nuts:

AAFES.com doesn't sell much Coach anymore unfortunately.

The Navy Exchange is awesome because they sell Coach at 20% off retail all of the time plus no taxes! It is like PCE every single day!

The only time it doesn't work out for me is if what I want is in the outlet (I have outlet super close) because then the Exchange is more expensive for the same item.

On a side note, the Exchange is offering an ADDITIONAL 20% off of Coach (making it 40% off total and no taxes) on black Friday this year for a limited amount of hours in the morning
Too bad I can't drag one of my parents into doing that on BF... since they have the access on base and I don't :smile:

I miss the days of living near a military base/post for this very reason (well one reasons anyway)! Even the military resort that my hubby and I stayed at in Hawaii (Hale Koa) sold Coach! I do wish aafes.com would start carrying more Coach bags again!! You can also order the Exchange catalog (free from the Aafes website) and they usually have an additional $10 off coupon inside!