How Close in Colour are 05 Chocolate and 07 Cinnamon?

yayay! You can be my hero of the week! :lol: I totally see it now... the chocolate truly looks like a chocolate bar... I always thought my cinnamon looked chocolatey, boy was I wrong :shame: thank you for taking the pics :flowers:

I have a cinnamon city and chocolate work. I really LOVE the cinnamon brown because of the red undertones, just as iluvhandbags mentioned. Chocolate definitely doesn't have the red undertones- it's a pure dark brown, and seems to have almost tannish undertones, if that makes sense. I don't think it's as dark as 07 cafe, which seems to be pure dark dark brown.[/quote]

Actually, the Cafe is very multi-faced, on some areas it's dark, cool-toned brown, and on some areas it's like black-ish charcoal dark, like really dark espresso coffee.

Here's my beloved Work:heart:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z83/tooshies/IMG_0495.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z83/tooshies/IMG_0496.jpg

I've actually been wondering how close the 05 Choco is to my Cafe...anyone??

thanks iluvhandbags! the mogano is my least used bag- need to pull it out more often!

tooshies- yowzaa!!!! That cafe is gorgeous!!! the leather is so beautifully broken in! your cafe looks like my chocolate without flash, so I imagine it must be very dark IRL?

IMG_0495.jpg

thanks iluvhandbags! the mogano is my least used bag- need to pull it out more often!

tooshies- yowzaa!!!! That cafe is gorgeous!!! the leather is so beautifully broken in! your cafe looks like my chocolate without flash, so I imagine it must be very dark IRL?

The pic above is a pretty good representation of the color under bright sunlight.
It's very dark, just imagine a mixture of actual charcoal and espresso....

So is it really similar to Choco? It seems to me that the Choco and the Cafe are both really dark, but the Choco is warm toned while the Cafe is cool toned...

I've been wondering if it'd be too similar to get the Choco on top of my Cafe??:confused1:
How's the leather on yours??

^^^ hahaha tooshies we're cross communicating b/w 2 threads! I just commented on the leather in the thread when my work had her coming out.

Choco is definitely warm toned- I also have a feeling it's probably not as dark as your cafe, because your cafe under bright sunlight is how my choco looks w/o flash in not-so-bright light.

it's so hard to say how similar colors compare until you get them side by side. I thought my mogano would be very similar to chocolate, but look how different they are!

Hmm, I wonder if any pfer has both cafe and chocolate??

LOL Gotcha:tup:

Hummm, My cafe honestly looks like multi-faced espresso...I guess it's a bit darker than the Choco?

I know, it's so hard to tell, isn't it? That's why I've been wondering about the Choco for quite some time now...

I wish someone had both of them side by side!!!!!

WOW ... love the Cafe too!! Maybe I'll have to add that one into the mix as well.

Thanks for everyone's comments and your comparison photos! I'd love to see Cafe compared side by side with Chocolate too.

[edited] I just found these comparison photos in the Brown Colour Reference thread. I still like the Chocolate the best I think, but darnit the Cinnamon and Cafe are sure nice too! Next to the Cafe, the Chocolate nearly looks like it has warm undertones too, whereas against the Cinnamon I didn't notice it as much.

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-color-reference/brown-color-family-pics-only-140426-3.html

Oh, yay, thanks for the link, Moonstarr! I totally forgot about cracker's gorgeous Cafe and Choco:P

Looking at the two side by side, I think I still prefer the Cafe, as it's a cool-toned brown:heart:

GL deciding!!!:tup:

Oh great moonstarr! Thanks for linking those- wow, seeing cracker's cafe, I really am loving it! cafe and chocolate are much closer to each other than mogano and chocolate. Interesting... thanks!!

TOOSHIES to answer your question about whether mogano is multifaceted or flat. It's definitely not flat, because of the red undertones. it does have variation in the color. But it's probably more even-toned and uniform than my chocolate and your cafe, yet the color is very rich and has a lot of depth to it. Hope that makes sense!!

TOOSHIES to answer your question about whether mogano is multifaceted or flat. It's definitely not flat, because of the red undertones. it does have variation in the color. But it's probably more even-toned and uniform than my chocolate and your cafe, yet the color is very rich and has a lot of depth to it. Hope that makes sense!!

Thanks, that solves it!!!:tup: Although the Mogano is seriously gorgeous, I think I prefer multifaced colors like the Cafe or Choco....Now, that's one less thing to think about!:wlae:

Thanks for your help:heart: