how close are you to acquiring your dream/IDEAL LV collection?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
how close are you to aquiring your dream/IDEAL LV collection?

If you list out your current bags, and then list out the rest of the bags you are planning to eventually get, (I'm talking bags you believe you will buy not dream bags that you won't actually get but want), how close are you to achieving the "end result". Of course if you have actually hit that mark you are content but sometimes you still want one or two more, but realistically, how close are you to acquiring you're ideal collection?

I think I am two bags away from my ideal collection:

I want the Amarante Alma MM and Mon Mono Neverful MM and then I will be done... until LV releases an ebene shoulder bag that i love (still hoping for the Galleria in damier ebene to be mainstream!)

I think I am two bags away from my ideal collection:

I want the Amarante Alma MM and Mon Mono Neverful MM and then I will be done... until LV releases an ebene shoulder bag that i love (still hoping for the Galleria in damier ebene to be mainstream!)

NeedLV, I've always admired your taste on the forum and respect your advice whenever you respond to one of my threads! Do you have a collection link on tPF, I'd love to see what you have collectively!

I don't think I will ever acquire my dream collection because there will always be something new coming out that will spark my interest and I will decide I have to have it. And I find I can be fickle. My tastes and needs over time change. And then I find I sell off the old to get the new.

I don't think I'll ever be done! There is always something out there that becomes my HG. For two years my UHG (ultimate...haha) was the White Watercolor speedy. It slipped out of my grasp so many times I gave up for a while. Then, finally I got one!! And in the same week I had ordered my mon mono NF!
In 2010, I lusted after the pomme zippy and got that at the end of the year. At the end of 2011, I finally got an ebene NF and the tapage charm. I put off getting the tapage because of the price but I found a pre-loved one for half the price!

Somehow I manage getting the bag or item I really want by saving up/selling stuff and stalking LV or other sites. It may take a while though:biggrin:
I don't really covet any exotics since I know they won't fit my lifestyle. I do love the luggage but feel that thieves (passengers and bag handlers too!) go after the pricey luggage so I use plain black luggage.
Right now I need a new mono shoulder bag (well, want one --not really need!) so that's my next goal.
I would love hardsided trunks and hatboxes to decorate my bedroom and living room but in reality my dogs and cats would probably have a field day with them!

I'm done and pretty content at the moment. Every once in awhile I might pick up a limited edition piece. I really do have to many LV bags for one girl to handle (trying to branch out to some other labels).

For bag, I think I'm pretty done so far because I'm having a hard time rotating between 5 LV bags and 3 non-LV bags between 2 days a week.. but I'm possibly missing an Alma BB bag and an Eva Clutch!

Not to mention I haven't got any SLG's yet so first thing I'll do is to get a wallet :smile:

My tastes and needs do change over time. As of right now, I think 3 more bags would complete my collection. But in the future, if my tastes/needs change or if a something catches my eye, then I'll have to have it. I have 13 lvs, one coach, one tokidoki, 8 lv wallets/coin purses, and 3 lv charms that I rotate between 2 days (which is plenty!).

It's always fun deciding on what purse to use on the weekends.

I will never be satisfied if they keep making new things I want.
I don't need anything ! I have a great collection that consists of 3 bags and many SLG , a bandeau and a pink graffiti Zippy wallet.
So I'm good except I want a pink graffiti bag charm now !

Not sure. My collection is not ideal, but not because I want other items. I actually want to get rid of some things that I have fallen out of love with. I'm kind of over canvas.

NeedLV, I've always admired your taste on the forum and respect your advice whenever you respond to one of my threads! Do you have a collection link on tPF, I'd love to see what you have collectively!

I agree with you LVoeletters! NeedLV has some of the best responses. And I would also like to her her collection. :smile:

I am one bag away & will be done in April! The Lumineuse PM in Infini will be mine! After that it's just "nice to haves" but really my collection will be complete. I really want to travel more & such so I'll be focusing on that!

I think I would feeling content...ish LOL if I got another Alma in either the PM and MM, I still don't think the MM looks good on me but I would love a different size for variety... in either the rouge fav. or amarante... It would be amarante in a heart beat, but since I have the bleu infini... idk if they are too much. And I think my SA showed me the wrong size in the verona, I think she showed me the gm, when she said it was the MM, so i want to give the verona another try. If I had those two more bags I think I would be content, although I still don't have a smaller crossbody, which is hopefully where the alma BB would come in. then I think I'd like to take an LV break and go for a chanel flap!