how can you tell when a louis vuitton is a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myztic

Dec 5, 2010
I know that there is an authentication thread here but i'd love to know how you would know (just by looking) that a louis vuitton is a fake. I went out today and saw maybe every third person holding a louis vuitton bag... was pretty interesting to see.

How does one know when a bag they receive as a gift is real or fake?
I purchased my first LV a few days ago(yay!)... since it was purchased from louis vuitton store directly i know i dont need to authenticate how 'real' it is :smile:

Bunifa

Nov 25, 2010
For me, I can just tell! It's hard to put it into words but I'm pretty good at spotting fake!

Minteva

Nov 1, 2010
Sydney
I think for real mono bags and SLG, the 'LV' shouldn't be cut off at the seams.

I don't know too much either hehe

mrs moulds

O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Now, living in College Hell !
Experience and research. I would visit a boutique to see and touch a real LV and visit the website offen. Becoming familar with the product will help. For the most part, whenever I spot a fake is due to a style and material that is not indicative with Louis Vuitton.

Shopaholicmania

brandwhore
Feb 10, 2009
oVerCrOwdEd
Experience and research. I would visit a boutique to see and touch a real LV and visit the website offen. Becoming familar with the product will help.
Exactly what i do. ;)
With many touches of the bags, reading here and there, once you spot a fake, you will some how know it naturally...

ChrisDao

O.G.
Aug 23, 2008
Houston
I think for real mono bags and SLG, the 'LV' shouldn't be cut off at the seams.

I don't know too much either hehe
This isn't always true. Like someone else said, the galleria has cut off LV symbols, as well as the pocket agenda for mono and the small agenda in vernis and mono.

Status
Not open for further replies.