How can this be right?!

No the seller has made no advance to cancel the transaction...I think from my very matter of fact attitude in "refund request" e-mail that he knows not to push me to hard. Little does he know, I'm not going to take this BS laying down.

And as far as everyone who thinks this seller didn't do anything to deserve a negative feedback, I guess my question is--once we're outside of buying "purse" or "shoes" or "authentic items" ... what, in your opinion, can a seller do to deserve negative feedback if not this?

This man sold an item he had listed on auction, took the money from my paypal and then informed me that item was sold to another party...only to learn that in fact he wanted more money for it and listed it again...

I'm sorry that's just plain wrong...and if it had happened to you, I'm sure you'd realize that there are plenty of other faults a seller can have.

And as far as the comment about "going to the store and having an item sold out"...well, it's different because it's not like I bought the item, put it on hold and the store sold it out from under me...which would be the mirror image of this situation in retail form. I think that you'd be incredibly frustrated in that scenario, and I think you'd probably never go back, and I think you'd tell people what a horrible business that was.

Well that changes things, I take back my other post.
Now you have proof that it wasn't an honest mistake and that the seller is clearly just trying to get a higher price.
Now, I completely agree that a neg. is in order.

I am just an true believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt. I know there are a lot of people out there don't deserve it but, there still are honest people in this world and I always think of a person as an honest person unless I have proof that they are not honest.

BTW...just looked up the sellers listing...

The item I "bought" that was unavailable is still listed, at a higher price point, and says above "LAST ONE"...

Now tell me...he's not shady and this was human error.

No the seller has made no advance to cancel the transaction...I think from my very matter of fact attitude in "refund request" e-mail that he knows not to push me to hard. Little does he know, I'm not going to take this BS laying down.

And as far as everyone who thinks this seller didn't do anything to deserve a negative feedback, I guess my question is--once we're outside of buying "purse" or "shoes" or "authentic items" ... what, in your opinion, can a seller do to deserve negative feedback if not this?

This man sold an item he had listed on auction, took the money from my paypal and then informed me that item was sold to another party...only to learn that in fact he wanted more money for it and listed it again...

I'm sorry that's just plain wrong...and if it had happened to you, I'm sure you'd realize that there are plenty of other faults a seller can have.

And as far as the comment about "going to the store and having an item sold out"...well, it's different because it's not like I bought the item, put it on hold and the store sold it out from under me...which would be the mirror image of this situation in retail form. I think that you'd be incredibly frustrated in that scenario, and I think you'd probably never go back, and I think you'd tell people what a horrible business that was.

ITA with the OP here. There are certain dishonest sellers who stack the deck in their own favor, and do things to make sure that they make the most $ possible, even if it means lying to buyers. This deserves a negative feedback just as much as a seller who knowingly sells counterfeit goods, or replaces the shown item with a different item.

Deceit which is practiced by buyer or seller to gain unfair advantage deserves some kind of negative couter-action. Even if a seller cannot leave negative feedback, they CAN bug the heck out of ebay to hear their side of the story, and persistence in this area does pay off - and I say that based on personal experience.

ITA with everything you said. Before seeing that the seller had relisted at a higher price, I might have been hesistant to leave a negative. Now, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't. Yes, negatives are harsh, but this is horrible business practice and one of the reasons eBay has a feedback rating system.

Also--I agree with other posters about leaving out personal digs like calling the seller shady (like I did in my post earlier). Stick to the facts or he can get your feedback removed for personal insults. I should have left that part off!

BTW...just looked up the sellers listing...

The item I "bought" that was unavailable is still listed, at a higher price point, and says above "LAST ONE"...

Now tell me...he's not shady and this was human error.

Well now this is a whole 'nother thing here.
Report him to ebay immediately and leave a neg.
But just for fun, if it were me, I would also contact him and tell him you are about to report him for being shady.
It's sellers like this guy who have driven me off ebay for all but the small inexpensive items.

You known, I thought about emailing the seller and letting him have it...but I don't want to clue him in that I am aiming to dystroy his 'rating' before I actually do.

I am not really the type to enjoy a back and forth he said/she said battle of wills...I just want to share my experience and leave the rest be. If after I leave the feedback he wants to "get into it" fine...but before hand I would prefer to catch him off gaurd.

The listing started 3 days ago...I did a BIN....he should have pulled it and been responsible as seller for the product he listed.

I both buy and sell on ebay. As a seller I have an obligation to my buyers--not only list accurately, but to fulfill my end of the deal. Otherwise I have NO business selling.

As a buyer I trust that the seller will be forthcoming. If they aren't...they deserve to have that reflected properly in their rating.

I don't see how this seller doesn't deserve a negative...he owed me a refund, otherwise it would have been theft. That doesn't deserve props for that. It's great that he did so--but only after I asked, he only e-mailed me to tell me "sorry"...and refunded me after I asked. He didn't do anything exceptional...he did what he is required to do. And his actions will now be reflected in his rating.

If you feel that strongly about this negative feedback then you should

leave it.. as a buyer/ seller you cover both sides of the coin..

you are angry & disappointed, so just think it through before you leave

the feedback.. sometimes that extra day or so brings a little more

clarity into the situation...if this seller has done this before, that is

another story.. did you check his FB??

Good morning, Italiahaircolor,

I read the above posts, and the thought occured to me, that if you were to let the seller know that you have witnessed his -less than stellar- behavior, and were planning on leaving the "appropriate feedback," (no harsh words yet) that he might feel chastened into giving you the product at the original price. He would probably say (as people who are dishonest do) that he had an "extra" that he "just found" or some bs like that.

But if you played that game, you could get the item back if you wanted it enough. However, if you're just tired of the bs at this point and want to leave the neg. feedback, then by all means!! (although if you did get the item, you could always leave a neutral, right?)

Just a thought. Hope you're having a nice morning.
:smile:

Good morning, Italiahaircolor,

I read the above posts, and the thought occured to me, that if you were to let the seller know that you have witnessed his -less than stellar- behavior, and were planning on leaving the "appropriate feedback," (no harsh words yet) that he might feel chastened into giving you the product at the original price. He would probably say (as people who are dishonest do) that he had an "extra" that he "just found" or some bs like that.

But if you played that game, you could get the item back if you wanted it enough. However, if you're just tired of the bs at this point and want to leave the neg. feedback, then by all means!! (although if you did get the item, you could always leave a neutral, right?)

Just a thought. Hope you're having a nice morning.
:smile:

That's an idea...but it would also mean dealing with this seller again.

The fact is, I don't want to. If a traditional retail store had played this game...I'd never go back. It's true that I desperately wanted the item for my husband...but it's beyond that right now. I know I will someday find the item again, and hopefully will encounter better luck. But this man doesn't deserve my business or my money--and he'll get neither.

That's an idea...but it would also mean dealing with this seller again.

The fact is, I don't want to. If a traditional retail store had played this game...I'd never go back. It's true that I desperately wanted the item for my husband...but it's beyond that right now. I know I will someday find the item again, and hopefully will encounter better luck. But this man doesn't deserve my business or my money--and he'll get neither.

Yup, I TOTALLY hear you! :biggrin:
Don't forget to contact ebay customer service - by phone, not through email, as they will probably take measures as well, when you explain the whole situation and walk them through your experience/show proof of what happened.

Have a beautiful day!!

You known, I thought about emailing the seller and letting him have it...but I don't want to clue him in that I am aiming to dystroy his 'rating' before I actually do.

I am not really the type to enjoy a back and forth he said/she said battle of wills...I just want to share my experience and leave the rest be. If after I leave the feedback he wants to "get into it" fine...but before hand I would prefer to catch him off gaurd.

I agree with you completely, and I would be angry as well. What this particular seller did was underhanded and downright greedy. I think that you are justified in leaving a negative feedback; however, I wouldn't aim to "destroy" this seller's rating. I think that's a little too much. I would just leave a straight forward feedback devoid of anger and emotion concisely detailing what happened and move on.