How can I send the package to the buyer again?

mx2000

Feb 5, 2009
The package that I sent to the buyer a few days ago will be returned to me because the buyer's address on paypal is not correct. The buyer asked me to send it again to her and is willing to pay for extra shipping fee, my question is to be eligible for seller protection, how can I accept the extra shipping fee and send the package again? I want to use paypal to print shipping label, do I need to refund her and then send a new invoice? Is there any simple way to do it? Thanks in advance!

Totally agree with pegasuscom. That was exactly how I did last time. I verified with PayPal the new address is it is legit, then sent it again. The only difference was, I paid for the 2nd time shipping even it was not my fault. I just wanted the transaction go smoothly.

It states under terms of eligibilty for SP that if the payment is split for whatever reason you will not be covered under Seller protection. I'm not sure how you would be covered now even if she sent you the extra money, updated her address on paypal and you sent it with tracking - you would not be covered. When you call paypal make sure you get the persons id and ask them if they can note your account even then if it is an expensive item I would be concerned. I'm sure the buyer is ok but you still neeed protection

What I was told AGO by PP was that in the event of an incorrect address, seller refunds. Buyer updates PP account & then buyer has to repay so that the NEW PP transaction page shows the updated address.
AND seller still need to VERIFY that the PP transaction shows as fully ELIGIBLE for Seller Protection.

OP, please advise what they tell you, to see if what I was told is even close. Different reps can give diff answers.

I have done the refund and repay thing. It is quite quick and easy to do and doesn't have any cost penalties. I felt safer having the paypal transaction page specify "eligible" for seller protection.

I have done the refund and repay thing. It is quite quick and easy to do and doesn't have any cost penalties. I felt safer having the paypal transaction page specify "eligible" for seller protection.

Right... and have the updated address on the transaction page. In theory, this process makes the most sense and should offer the best protection.