How can I pre-treat my parker hippie??

caaarlaaa

Aug 20, 2009
Hey guys,
I just went and bought my first full price bag the cinnamon Parker Hippie.:yahoo: I am absolutely in looooooooove with it and plan to use it as an everyday bag. I am pretty gentle on bags but still I would like to do some sort of pre-treatment to the leather but i don't know of any products. I have seen some reference to apple care products? Are those better than the coach cleaner/moisturizers? I just want to keep my new bag looking its best!!

Thanks ladies!

Congrats on your hippie- you will love this bag! I actually need to figure out how to treat my hippie too. Have you checked out the "Apple and Coach" thread? I think there are instructions in there for treating the Parker leather.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/apple-and-coach-295844-24.html#post12012238

This talks about using Apple Rain & Stain Guarde. I think you may be able to use the conditioner too. I've never used Apple though so I'm not sure on the steps!

Ok I will definitely look at that thread thanks!! I talked to my coach store and they said that I could use the coach cleaner on it but i just wanted to figure out the best option! :smile:

Grats on your new bag! I use it as my everyday bag and I love it.

I conditioned mine with apple care and sprayed twice (30 minutes apart to let dry thouroughly,) then conditioned again because sometimes the rain and stain garde can dry out the leather just a teensy bit. It's doing great though - rain rolls right off and I can't see any dirt :biggrin:

Hey guys,
I just went and bought my first full price bag the cinnamon Parker Hippie.:yahoo: I am absolutely in looooooooove with it and plan to use it as an everyday bag. I am pretty gentle on bags but still I would like to do some sort of pre-treatment to the leather but i don't know of any products. I have seen some reference to apple care products? Are those better than the coach cleaner/moisturizers? I just want to keep my new bag looking its best!!

Thanks ladies!
I see some RU in those pictures! I'm a fellow RU past person too :smile: Hung out at VT some as well, was those party pix taken at Macados?

I think you can clean up your old suede purse a bit too ya know ;) Just some elbow grease involved a bit there...

I see some RU in those pictures! I'm a fellow RU past person too :smile: Hung out at VT some as well, was those party pix taken at Macados?

I think you can clean up your old suede purse a bit too ya know ;) Just some elbow grease involved a bit there...

Ha ha yup I went to RU for 2 years and then transfered but it was a lot of fun, and I have tons of friends from RU and VT. Ha ha yup i think some are! The stains on my other bag are from bacon grease :/ is there any way to get those out?

Ha ha yup I went to RU for 2 years and then transfered but it was a lot of fun, and I have tons of friends from RU and VT. Ha ha yup i think some are! The stains on my other bag are from bacon grease :/ is there any way to get those out?
On the back or front? You could use some apple cleaner on the stains, but not sure how it can treat it, and you may lose some color loss from the amount of rubbing you have to do with the cleaner.

The back stains MAY slowly chip off if you use the whole nail-file technique.

Congrats, I love the Hippies! I treated my cinnamon Parker Hippie with Apple conditioner/moisturizer (I forget what it's called, but it's not the cleaner), let it dry for a day or so, then sprayed with Apple Rain & Stain Guard and let it dry again. That was two months ago and she still looks brand new, and the leather still has that luscious softness. IMO, Apple has an odd, mildly unpleasant smell but that faded in a few days and that wonderful Coach leather smell came back full force (and it's still there).