How can I make my calves smaller?

Both my parents have very athletic legs so my calves are insanely huge. The trick for me is to just wear heels since it lessens the appearance of how big they are for me. Im afraid to work out my legs in fear that my calves will get bigger.

Here's a good thing for having muscular legs though lol Very off topic :smile:
2 years ago my right leg was run over by a yellow taxi cab and my leg didnt break! The doctor said I probably owed it to my calves and luck. If I had stick thin legs, I'm sure something would've snapped.

I would so elipticals. I do that with spinning and my calves are perfect calves. There is also this one machine where i work out and you **** in this machine on the cair and there is this board type thing and you push on it and the chair moves back. That seems to help too. But please limit yourselves on leg excercises because they will get bigger.

I would so elipticals. I do that with spinning and my calves are perfect calves. There is also this one machine where i work out and you **** in this machine on the cair and there is this board type thing and you push on it and the chair moves back. That seems to help too. But please limit yourselves on leg excercises because they will get bigger.

I meant sit. not the other thing. haha typo big time...i dont know how to edit the post.

I also have large calves, my BF loves them! He complements them often and compares them to his ex who was a gymnast, and fitness queen who worked her ass off to get them. As for me, I was born with them. LOL! My equal my BF's but he also trains hard to get what he's got. I consider myself very lucky as well as blessed.

I hate big calves too, I'm trying to do alot of stretches to lengthen them and to encourage my body to grow. I figure they won't look as bad if I'm taller. Plus, mine are a result of swimming and dancing every since I was a kid. Oh well, at least we're healthy!

i always thought my legs were "thick" but i've gotten so many compliments on the "muscularity" of them..so i'm feelin them...but i've always thought they were thick...(my hopeless mentaility) but it doesn't totally bother me. you could always do sliming exercises...like pilates...;)

I have muscular big calves from tumbling in my youth, I wear a lot of heels to give the appearance of slightly slimmer calves.

Same here. I've always had more athletic legs. I gained lots of muscle in my legs when younger by doing gymnastics and dance. I love wearing wedges or heels to give a more lengthening appearance.

I always hated my calves and was sooo self-conscious about them. About 2 years ago I travelled to Seoul, Korea and had calf muscle resection (they basically remove part of the calf muscle.) It worked wonders and it is the best decision I ever made. I'm no longer self-conscious and I can still exercise normally and everything. If you have any ques. about it, PM me. I would love to help.

Reactions: livelystef
I have huge calves and guys love it! I've even been accused of having calf implants before. Just enjoy them! My ex used to have a term he used and he would just make a face like he was sucking on a lemon and call a chick "SRC" meaning Surgically Removed Calves! No one likes skinny, shapeless calves!!!!

Yes, it's funny that. I wish I had long, skinny calves but my boyfriend loves my 'shapely' legs - says they are perfect in stockings! :graucho:

I have always been amazed when I've received compliments about my legs. I once had a note left on my windscreen from a guy saying he'd admired my legs. All I could think was, he must have left it on the wrong car!

I think we women always envy skinnyness (is that a word?) and can't believe that some men prefer more meat on the bones (even though they say it all the time!).

This is my problem- I have such muscular calves for some reason- I never played sports, or gymnastics or anything- I just got them! I don't think you can really do much about it because it's all muscle. My problem is I can never find boots that fit in the winter- they won't zip over my calves! So annoying!