How can I know that a bag bought from LV store is real???

Yikes I would be disappointed if the bag I bought yesterday was old let alone a fake. I was told that the bag was not touched by anyone! That is ridiculous, I can't see how some people have the balls to return fake bags!

I would love to know that LV boutiques do sell the authentic/ genuine pieces. I would go berserk if they sold me a fake, besides as a newbie, I won't be able to tell. I don't think the bag I got just 2 days ago, has a date stamp/ code on it :sad:

If you bought it from a LV boutique then it is AUTHENTIC:biggrin:. Dont worry, and dont listen to one or two stories about "omg I got a fake LV from the LVstore!" stuff. People like to start things and thats all those stories are. Enjoy your bags!

I would love to know that LV boutiques do sell the authentic/ genuine pieces. I would go berserk if they sold me a fake, besides as a newbie, I won't be able to tell. I don't think the bag I got just 2 days ago, has a date stamp/ code on it :sad:

Don't worry! LV store sells authentic products! The SAs would get in trouble if they would try to switch fake bags with the real ones.
You don't have to have hundreds of LV bags to tell if the bag is fake. Just have a look at the stitching, the material, the hardware and overall feeling of the bag. That will tell you if your bag is worth the money you paid, therefore if it is real or not.

Last edited:
That is something to think about! I have never looked for date codes because I have bought 97% of my bags from an LV boutique. I have a white multicolore speedy that I purchased in 2006 in a boutique and to date have no clue where it is.

In this case there were 14 tpf'ers that can confirm twinkerbell's story. It is 10000000% true. I was with her when she bought the first bag and I was with her when she was told it is a fake.... Her biggest mistake was not looking the bag over before she bought it. Since this was her first LV purchase she did not even think about it. About an hour after she got home she emailed me about it being uneven. She even posted photos here on TPF about it. I told her to wait until the next meet and exchange it with all of us in 2 weeks. That is exactly what she did. IF the bag was really a fake is it possible that it was HER that did the swap?? Of course, but the fact that she was with 14 tpf'ers when she bought it and then she tried to exchange it with most of the same people that were with her when she bought it. I do not think ANYONE would walk into a store with 14 people they have only met twice and try to return a fake bag and be embarrassed the way she was.

The only thing, we cannot 100% confirm is if the bag was or was not a fake. The first store told us it was a fake. There is a VERY good chance that the SA's that told us that were just clueless or it really could be a fake. When they went to the 2nd LV they did not mention that the first LV said the bag was a fake. Too be honest, when the SA took it back they never even unfolded the bag. They just left it folded and took it back. So if it was fake, it is back on the shelf to be sold. I would think they would inspect it before the customer left the store. So if it is fake, someone else now has a fake bag that was bought in the boutique. Either way, fake or not fake now someone is now walking around with a poorly misaligned bag. Sad.

All of twinkerbell's stories have been written about. It was written about how when she bought the original bag the SA did not want to give her a box and a bigger dustbag. Then she posted about the misaligned bag. Then it was very written about her being accused of trying to return a fake bag. So yes, everything that has been written is 10000% true. And there are 14 other tpf'ers that can confirm her story. I am not saying that when others have posted stories that they are just looking for attention. There is one tpf'er that I do not believe 99% of what they say. She has this type of thing happen to her every other month. There is always something wrong with every single thing she buys. So yes it is true that just because someone writes something, it is not always true but in twinkerbell's case everything written has been true.
Did they keep the so called "fake bag"? What was the outcome for this SA?

Nothing surprises me anymore. I know there are a lot of good SA's out there who know their stuff but there are also a lot who have no clue, about the names of bags, where date codes are, etc. The boutique is not supposed to authenticate bags but I guess if there's a bad alignment, they might think the bag is fake.
I know I thought my Azur Speedy was fake (made in 2005) that I bought off the bay. It had really bad alignment but Caroldiva said it was real and that was a big problem back then with bags made in the US. I think we're all going to see a lot of this unfortunately with quality control issues.

In this case, I think the boutique thought there was a "bait and switch" type thing going on and probably got nervous with all the friends of the buyer hovering around. I'm not siding with the SA or manager at all --they should know more than I do-- if they work there (IMHO) but tpf has trained me well, I guess. It just suc#$ that an honest tpfer got treated poorly at the boutique and had to go through all that to get the bag she wanted and saved for!!

Did they keep the so called "fake bag"? What was the outcome for this SA?

the bag was confirmed authentic by one of the LV authenticators here

sorry if i am behind on reading this old thread.

i was there when this all happened. it was exchanged for a different bag since she wasn't happy with the quality of the one she purchased. it worked out in the end.