How can I get the creases out of my new Speedy?

Faith

He makes me smile!
O.G.
Jan 31, 2006
Hi ladies! My speedy 25 just arrived on Valetine's Day, and I was wondering how I should get the shipping creases out. It has been stuffed with towels for 3 days, but they don't seem to be getting any better. Am I being too impatient? I just don't want it to stay like that forever. I saw one on Ebay that was 3 years old and still had the creases!
Any suggestions would be appreciated!:smile:

I've had mine for abt a month and there are still creases. So I guess you gotta keep waiting! Some of the gals say that when you leave it by the window where it gets sunlight, the heat might soften up the canvas a lil..

Just carry it around a bit... one thing that helps the bottom from getting 'saggy' when you carry it is to put a piece of cardboard on the inside bottom. Measure to fit the bottom of the bag. This helped me get the creases out over time, and kept the bag from sagging out at the bottom. : )

I just bought a Speedy 30 a couple of weeks ago. My husband made a plexiglass insert for the bottom on the bag so it won't sag and I stuff it with towels when I'm not using it. The wrinkles are getting a little less.

Hate to tell you, but the creases never fully go away. I've had mine for 2 years and you can still see the crease. No amount of stuffing will change it, I've tried. In time, it won't bother you... :smile:

When I got my Speedy I was horrified when the salesman flattened it to pack it up for me. I didn't know that this was done. I carried it around flattened until the next day when I took it out to use it. I put my stuff into it and the creases were gone within two days - but this was hot & humid summer weather. I do think they're right about creases coming out in the warm weather.
I've never flattened that bag since & always keep it stuffed when not in use.

Vuittonhammie said:
Just carry it around a bit... one thing that helps the bottom from getting 'saggy' when you carry it is to put a piece of cardboard on the inside bottom. Measure to fit the bottom of the bag. This helped me get the creases out over time, and kept the bag from sagging out at the bottom. : )

I agree....you have to carry it around, or get some weight into it.

pursegalsf said:
Let us know if the creases are out Faith!

The creases are still there, though they are not bothering me as much as they did at first. I try to use it as much as I can- difficult b/c I am a high school teacher and don't bring it to work b/c I would be too busy watching it. I use it every day after work for errands, etc. and stuff it when it is not in use. Hopefully when it gets warmer they will not be as bad. My biggest fear is that eventually the canvas will start to crack where the creases are. I have found that carrying it around helps with the creases- but then I worry about making the handles dirty!! I'm just neurotic I guess. I just love the bag and want it to look great forever!!:lol:

Hi, new here and I big LV fan. My Speedy 30 is my fave of all my LV bags. The creases wnet away after a few months and the cardboard piece at the bottom is the best secret I've ever found to keeping the nice shape.

I've been keeping a thin paperback book in the bottom of my bag to keep it from sagging. It works for the sag, but not for the creases yet...