How can I get smoke smell out of my Chanel bag?

RavelingRobin

Sep 12, 2020
I have some preloved Chanel bags that have a smoke smell (I think it is cigar smell but could be cigarette). What is the best way to remove it? It seems to be on the entire bag - outside and inside .

I would rather not have a coverup scent (I’ve read Febreeze, but I hate the smell of chemicals). I read something about the Bad Air Sponge, so I might try that out. However, that seems to be more for the inside of bags? I need it for the entire bag, inside and outside.
One is black caviar, and I think the other is Lambskin or calfskin. I don’t yet know how to tell the difference.
Thank you!

Ruby5

May 31, 2019
Hi hon

Maybe buy a couple bags of activated charcoal from Amazon?

My husband used this to get a very yucky smell out of our fridge. (Forgot to throw away some food before vacation).

The bags are reusable. Place in sun to neutralize smell again.

I haven’t used it for a purse, but probably same concept. Place inside purse and see if it works. (You could probably put another one outside of purse and put everything in a brown paper bag, too, if you are worried about smells permeating the exterior of the bag).

Anyway, try googling activated charcoal bags and read the reviews. It did work for our fridge. The smell was awful but now it’s completely gone.

Good luck!

Reactions: Shejoh

RavelingRobin

Sep 12, 2020
Hi hon

Maybe buy a couple bags of activated charcoal from Amazon?

My husband used this to get a very yucky smell out of our fridge. (Forgot to throw away some food before vacation).

The bags are reusable. Place in sun to neutralize smell again.

I haven’t used it for a purse, but probably same concept. Place inside purse and see if it works. (You could probably put another one outside of purse and put everything in a brown paper bag, too, if you are worried about smells permeating the exterior of the bag).

Anyway, try googling activated charcoal bags and read the reviews. It did work for our fridge. The smell was awful but now it’s completely gone.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I am googling now. And a great idea to put it on the inside and then in a paper bag with one for the outside. I’ll try anything and everything to get rid of this smell!