How Can I Fix Up This Bag?

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
I got this bag and it needs to be spruced up. The vachetta is dirty and was cleaned too much in spots, and the canvas just needs a good cleaning.

Can the vachetta be saved? How about dyeing it?

Can I have someone do it like Leather Surgeons or someone else since I am not much of a diy person? IMG_1493507514.058935.jpgIMG_1493507524.801904.jpg

I got this bag and it needs to be spruced up. The vachetta is dirty and was cleaned too much in spots, and the canvas just needs a good cleaning.

Can the vachetta be saved? How about dyeing it?

Can I have someone do it like Leather Surgeons or someone else since I am not much of a diy person? View attachment 3683321View attachment 3683322
If I were you, I would take it to my local Louis Vuitton store and ask for an estimate for replacing the leather. I know it would be pricy but so well-worth it.

If I were you, I would take it to my local Louis Vuitton store and ask for an estimate for replacing the leather. I know it would be pricy but so well-worth it.
Will they replace the leather if this pre-loved? I thought I saw info that they will not repair bags if they do not have proof of purchase.

Will they replace the leather if this pre-loved? I thought I saw info that they will not repair bags if they do not have proof of purchase.
So far, they have been accepting repair requests even if the bag was purchased pre-loved. They may ask you for a receipt, but I believe it is mostly to find you in their system. If you cannot produce a receipt, it does not matter. Many people on this forum have had bags repaired and they were not the original owner.

As mentioned above, there will be a substantial fee to conduct this repair request. In my opinion and experience, this fee is well worth it as your bag will come back as new. Obviously this is not cheap and not everyone will be comfortable with paying for repairs.

That is a dramatic change of the bag in the pictures. I can't read German but I get the gist! Thanks for sharing.
You need a "dirt rubber" to remove the dirt and then a cloth with the Collonil Leather Cream. It has to be evenly and always let try for about 8 hours between each step. I had a little colour transfer problems on my noe bb and I have done this and it really worked!
And it is less expensive then to let LV replace all new.
But maybe if you love the Bag you could also go for it! :angel:

I sent the bag to LV and they would replace all the vachetta for $715. Do you think that it's worth it?

I personally don't considering a brand new one is currently $1120. I'm not sure how much you paid for the bag preloved but seems like you could have bought a new one if you're willing to spend $700 to replace the vachetta.

I personally don't considering a brand new one is currently $1120. I'm not sure how much you paid for the bag preloved but seems like you could have bought a new one if you're willing to spend $700 to replace the vachetta.
I bought the bag from a relative in another state many years ago. I only paid like $400 for it. When I got the bag I was really upset with how worn it was, but I didn't say anything to her, because you know...family.

I've kept the bag in my closet all these years, eventually buying new and preloved LV pieces. I believe This bag is discontinued so that's another reason undecided on what to do with it.

Maybe I shouldn't do it and save the $700 for a new bag down the road. Still, what to do with this one then?