How can a buyer able to pay other sellers but not me ?

cocolee1976

I work for my purse
Oct 23, 2008
I am really new to evilbay and would appreciate if anybody can give me some feedback on this:
I recently just sold a purse (3 weeks ago). I sent 2 invoices and 1 message to the buyer the first couple days, but never got any reply. A week went by and I sent another message to the buyer, the buyer finally replied as following :
".i added a new bank account to my paypal because we just moved to another state. It is taking forever for them to authorize its use. I will email as soon as I see I can put the payment through."

So I was being patient and gave him/her some time to deal with her paypal account.
Now 3 weeks had just past and I am still not paid. I sent the buyer several emails but with no replies.
I just checked the buyer's feedback, and guess what, I saw he/she received at least 5 feedback from other sellers in the past 2 weeks with "super fast payment!" and the buyer has 100% positive feedback!
I really don't understand how did this happen, the buyer is not able to pay me but was able to pay other sellers?????

I was reading through ebay discussion section about opening UID against the buyer doesn't prevent the buyer leave negative feedback to sellers.

Not sure what to do next :confused1:

If she has purchased that much recently, she may be stalling until she can afford your item. You can email and ask if she will mutually withdraw from the sale or file a NPB strike against her. You have been very patient, and this is the only way you will get your fees back if she doesn't follow through with the purchase. If she does leave a neg for you, there is a chance that *bay will remove it (if you ask) since they will see she is a NPB. No guarantees of this, of course. Some buyers bid on a lot of things and then pick and choose after the sale, unfortunately. I would not continue to wait on this one since she was so unresponsive in the beginning. If this works out and you cancel the sale and relist, be sure to block her from bidding on your items in the future.

Is her saying, ".i added a new bank account to my paypal because we just moved to another state. It is taking forever for them to authorize its use. I will email as soon as I see I can put the payment through."
a plausible scenario?

^^Plausible, maybe. Excuse, definitely. I just wish buyers would take care of these things before the sale. Does that mean her address is not confirmed with PP, too?

I know what you mean. You can't go shopping online when your credit card application hasn't been approved yet, for chrissakes. If feebay was like amazon and you always had to pay immediately, this would never happen.
File away. Even if you get a negative, you can reply to that by saying that the buyer didn't pay for a month.