How bright is Epi Pistache?

Dec 27, 2007
Hi ladies!! I'm on the hunt for a super cute neon fluro highlighter yellow bag and need your help! I'm torn between the Alma BB Pistache & Saint Laurent's Sac de Jour in Neon Yellow... When I saw Alma BB in Pistache in person months ago, I remember that it was super bright, but now every time I look it up online, it looks more like a dull but bright light green and photos of the Saint Laurent look so much more vibrant and brighter, truer fluro yellow.

Can any of you who have Epi Pistache items confirm for me? I won't be able to make it into LV any time soon and am close to ordering the Saint Laurent online instead... but Alma BB is so cute. Help! TIA

Also attached are online photos but again, I know these colors look different in person so i'm hoping for someone whose seen them IRL!

Alma BB.JPGimg-thing.jpg

I saw the pistache in alma bb a week ago in the LV store for the first time and I too was a bit surprised how bright it looked compared to the photos on the LV site.

The pistache is definitely brighter IRL. Even after I took a photo while wearing it in the store, the bag didn't turn up as bright in the photo.

I saw the pistache in alma bb a week ago in the LV store for the first time and I too was a bit surprised how bright it looked compared to the photos on the LV site.

The pistache is definitely brighter IRL. Even after I took a photo while wearing it in the store, the bag didn't turn up as bright in the photo.
Funny, I thought it was much more muted in person!

To me it was the color of when a leaf is turning yellow.

Funny, I thought it was much more muted in person!

To me it was the color of when a leaf is turning yellow.

Oh no lol!!! :weird: :panic: Back to being torn... the Saint Laurent bag is nearly sold out everywhere so I'm tempted to just buy it since I found a retailer with 1 in stock but it sounds like I'm going to have to take my butt to LV before deciding. I really really love the shape of Alma!

I've seen both in person. I have a pistachio toiletry 26. I prefer pistache bc sometimes it's bright yellow, sometimes chartreuse, and more unique. The YSL bag is pretty in person but seems IN YOUR FACE neon yellow and I think it will become dated quickly. Pistache, on the other hand, will last

I've seen both in person. I have a pistachio toiletry 26. I prefer pistache bc sometimes it's bright yellow, sometimes chartreuse, and more unique. The YSL bag is pretty in person but seems IN YOUR FACE neon yellow and I think it will become dated quickly. Pistache, on the other hand, will last
That's a great point! I do keep thinking in the back of my mind that the ysl fluo yellow will go out of style quicker... So it may be silly to splurge. Thanks so much!!

i've seen both in person. I have a pistachio toiletry 26. I prefer pistache bc sometimes it's bright yellow, sometimes chartreuse, and more unique. The ysl bag is pretty in person but seems in your face neon yellow and i think it will become dated quickly. Pistache, on the other hand, will last

+1

That's a great point! I do keep thinking in the back of my mind that the ysl fluo yellow will go out of style quicker... So it may be silly to splurge. Thanks so much!!
no problem :smile: I think the pistache is really dynamic and changes color based on the light, making it more interesting! I like that it's a chameleon color! It also looks particularly beautiful in the alma bb with the textured epi leather!! On the other hand, the YSL yellow is definitely highlighter yellow, and I've seen other designers make bags in that color, so it seems less special. And as I think we agree, it will go out of style quicker.

ps I love your avatar pic! great styling of the corail louise!!! :love:

attachment.php

I suggest the Epi pistache bag for three reasons:

1) classic shape that can be worn on almost all occasions,
2) unique colour suitable for spring, summer and early fall,
3) better resale value in case you would like to sell the bag in a few years time.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398932330.848383.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1398932363.232901.jpg

I have the card holder and I adore this colour ! I want get the bb in this colour too !! But that will have to wait 😆 top photo is without flash ! Go
For it ! The colour is to die for !

no problem :smile: I think the pistache is really dynamic and changes color based on the light, making it more interesting! I like that it's a chameleon color! It also looks particularly beautiful in the alma bb with the textured epi leather!! On the other hand, the YSL yellow is definitely highlighter yellow, and I've seen other designers make bags in that color, so it seems less special. And as I think we agree, it will go out of style quicker.

ps I love your avatar pic! great styling of the corail louise!!! :love:
Thanks so much! Louise has been my go to bag as of late (all I've been buying is outfits to coordinate with her LOL!!!)

I made a trip (ie bugged my DH until he budged to drive to the nearest lv store before dinner LOL) to see Alma BB in pistache in person and wow! The color is definitely so unique! On the shelf, it didn't look so bright, but as soon as the SA took her down for me to see, it was like WOW punch of bright color! She was stunning! Then I tried to take a picture inside the store, and she showed up looking pale yellow on my phone! So strange but I love it!

attachment.php

I suggest the Epi pistache bag for three reasons:

1) classic shape that can be worn on almost all occasions,
2) unique colour suitable for spring, summer and early fall,
3) better resale value in case you would like to sell the bag in a few years time.

I love your reasoning! I rarely sell my bags but when I have, #3 has been so important! I can't imagine the YSL selling well 3 years from now but I've never had a problem selling an LV! I do also love that the color can go well with 3 of 4 seasons throughout the year. Neon yellow has stuck around for a few years now but yeah, I can't imagine it working so well in the long run whereas Chartreuse is always lovely and coordinates well with many prints (like florals!). The shape is also so cute and eye catching.

Thanks so much, everyone!! You've all convinced me :woot: I can't stop thinking about her now! She's next up on my shopping list for the coming weeks - I already have outfits in mind! lol!!

Last edited: