How Big of a Hoop is Too Big?

alikat33

Jan 3, 2017
Hi all. I had some large white gold diamond inside out hoops my husband bought me a while ago and they’re just too big for daily wear which is what I wanted. So I bought some yesterday in yellow gold, 1.5” diameter with inside out diamonds. I think they’re good for jeans and a nice top but wanted to get your take?? Photo shows original ones and new ones.

IMG_4209.jpeg

IMG_4208.jpeg

I think both your pairs of hoops are beautiful. I’d wear them for any occasion, if I were you!
My hoops are 1 1/2 inch 3 carat inside-out hoops. I think they’re really versatile - perfect for wearing jeans, perfect for dressing for a formal occasion (like a wedding), and everything in between.

10C39B79-61D9-4A4B-A919-00DA8F748FBF.jpeg

Wow! Both pairs are beautiful. I love the pair you purchased. I have a pair that are 2.0 carats set in 14k yg. However, I’m not a huge fan of very large carat diamond hoops ( Now diamond studs, the bigger the better me! ) So I wear a pair that my daughter purchased for my birthday. The photo doesn’t do them justice, their so pretty and sparkly, 1.10 total weight set in 14K wg. Forgive my nails! They need some TLC :sad:

64FC17F5-990B-4446-84E9-F2C75F7D39A9.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m looking for the “perfect” inside out diamond hoops. I have a pair of lovely yellow gold and diamond hoops (more like Huggies than hoops, but my ears are small), BUT they’re not inside out and I really want that. It’s not that I don’t like them or wear them, I mean I also want inside out hoops.
I love trying out styles that I want in cheaper materials before committing to the real thing. I’m trying to avoid expensive mistakes.
I want a pair that goes from day to night easily. I’m a simple dresser, and I’m not flashy at all. I also live in a very dangerous city, so I don’t like lots of attention on what I’m wearing. I also have small ears, and I’m average height/weight. All this means I want something small, but not too small… I hope my fellow jewelry lovers can understand what I mean!
I first bought a 3mm moissanite pair. The earrings are lovely, sparkly and well made but they’re definitely too big for me.
I just got a new pair of moissanite inside out hoops. 1.8 mm thick, 1.8 cm height, 0.9 cttw equivalent. They are divine! I’m still waiting for one more pair (a bit smaller than my new ones) and then I’ll decide.
I’m attaching a few pics including my gold and diamond Huggies. Let me know what you think!

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2658.jpeg

IMG_2659.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2661.png

IMG_2662.png

IMG_2663.jpeg

IMG_2664.png

IMG_2665.jpeg

IMG_2666.jpeg

IMG_2668.jpeg