How big is too big?

Mar 3, 2010
Hi everyone! I just wanted everyones opinion
I purchased a saumur 43 on ebay (since they don't make this size anymore)
And after receiving it I realized it is too big for me =(... At 5'2 it seems too bulky, i havent even tried to put things in it to see how much bigger it could look.
I purchased it to take on trips and to use it for an everyday bag (when i just want to thrown all of my stuff in and go)
I have a saumur 30 and love the style so I thought a 43 would be great because its bigger! I was able to loop the strap around on the 30 to make it into a shoulder bag but it doesn't work as well on the 43 =(

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

In my opinion, it's too big for a shoulder bag. I don't mind it as much as a messenger bag. If it fits the purpose you're using it for then I don't see a problem. Yes, the bag is big but if you need the space then surely that's easier than carrying more than one bag?

I think it suits your frame well as a cross body bag. It would be great as a school or travel bag. Or even as a diaper bag for hands free practicality. I definitely think its functional.

Another thought, when it comes down to the nitty gritty I would much rather have too much room in my bag than not enough. Especially as a travel bag as you mentioned.

You know I like it on you I'm a big maxi over the top canvas bag person I have even worn a 45 keep all as a bag and love the look it's nice on you keep it try it out you may learn to love it

Does anyone have modeling pics with a saumur 35? The 30 is good for everyday but not large enough for trips and the 43 is too big for shoulder bag... kind of hoping the 35 is the answer to my problems =P
sadly i'm not in school anymore and i don't have a baby so i don't see much use for the bag, only when i travel about once a year

I think it looks like the perfect travel bag,, soo roomy :smile: And you have the other size you said,, so it's cool you have both. It looks awesome as a crossbody like everyone else is saying . enjoy it, and I'm sure you'll be glad to have it when you have a trip coming up, or a long day out that rquires a big bag.