How are your sequin items holding up?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I made my PCE purchase today. I got the Poppy Sequin Zippy Wristlet! I love the color and the sparkle of the sequins, but will they hold up? Does anyone have any experience with this wristlet? Thanks in advance forum, you all ROCK and I am looking forward to all your awesome PCE reveals!

Attached Files:

2. The bad talk about the sequin stuff is really overrated. I have a lot of sequin stuff, and it holds up just fine. People are scared to death of sequin bags and wristlets, but as long as you don't beat it against a wall or take it out in the rain, you are fine.
    They are absolutely covered with sequins, more than enough. It is not cheaply done. Each sequin is threaded two -three times to make sure it is securely attached. You can see that for yourself. If you DO lose one, it is not going to leave a "spot". You seriously will not be able to tell.
    I love sequin bags...they may not be for everybody, but people should not be scared of them. LOL!
    Take the plunge! Get the bag....u know you want it! :graucho:

3. Thanks PLC, by the way I totally stalked the revel of the wonderful sequin wristlet in your profile pic, its so cool! I loved the zebra print you made! Quick question, you and the coach care card mentioned I shouldnt get the sequin's wet, what happens to them? Does the color run? Probably a stupid question but this is my first sequin item!

4. Congrats and I agree with pcl, unless you are going to be rough with your sequin wristlet, I wouldn't worry.I would love to get that light pink sequin poppy wristlet.I love the pink sequins on my pig charm, so I want a wristlet now.

5. That Zippy wristlet is super cute! I just love it! Enjoy it!

6. No. The sequins are attached to fabric, so if you get it wet, that fabric gets wet too. I don't know if it affects the interior, I have never gotten mine wet, but it might.
    I keep a nice plastic bag (shopping bag) folded up inside the little front pocket. As a just in case kind of thing. That pocket isn't really good for anything else. LOL!

7. The only bag I thought was poorly put together (as opposed to how they are making them now) was last year's spotlight sweater bag pattern, as the sequins were sewn down 3 times, but NOT overlapped sequins like you'll see now. I think the overlapping helps reinforce them

8. My silver sequin clutch from last year is still in perfect condition. No sequins gone.

9. My mom has a sequin bag that she's been using non-stop since the beginning of May and it's still perfect.