How are your Reissues holding up?

Junke

Jan 14, 2011
Hi ladies (and gents),

I've been pining over the Chanel Reissue 225 with RHW but am afraid of pulling the trigger due to some of the older bags that I've seen. They seem to sag and lose their shape, especially compared to the classic flap. How are your reissues holding up? If you have pics and/or tips on how to maintain the bag in great condition, that would be great! Thanks in advance :heart:

Reactions: RitaLA
Hi ladies (and gents),

I've been pining over the Chanel Reissue 225 with RHW but am afraid of pulling the trigger due to some of the older bags that I've seen. They seem to sag and lose their shape, especially compared to the classic flap. How are your reissues holding up? If you have pics and/or tips on how to maintain the bag in great condition, that would be great! Thanks in advance :heart:
Thx for the thread. Same dilemma here

Reactions: Junke
Like any flap, keep some type of shaping element inside while storing. I think this is #1. My reissue is definitely less structured than my classic (by design), but it doesn't sag or have issues because I take care of it. I know what you're referring to, but I think what you have seen is bags that have not been cared for by their owners.

Reactions: Junke
Reissue flap came flat with creases on the bottom unlike the classic flap (not sure about these days - it was like that in the past.) You will need to stuff the bag (with tissue or pillow) or use shaper to keep the bag structure. If you take care of the bag after use, I think it will be OK. I've had mine for over 7 years now. I love the vintage look of reissue flap. Good luck deciding :flowers:

Reactions: Junke and RitaLA