Alexander Wang How are your light coloreed bags holding up?

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
I have sworn that I would never buy another light colored leather bag, but I find some of them irresistible.
Those of you with Mercury, granite, latte etc bags------ how do they look after carrying them ?

I first bought a blush Donna and the color transfer was evident in the first use, so I ended up selling it before I ruined it, since the leather of that bag is very soft and the stains don't come off with whipes. About a month ago I bought an acid rockie with smooth leather, I also have problems with color transfer but since the leather is more stiff I can easily whipe it off. So if you have in mind a rockie with smooth leather I say go for it :smile:

My Granite (knock on wood!) Rocco after two to three months of regular (1-2 days of use) is holding up pretty well. No colour transfer; a wee but of rub on one side's piping but nothing noticeable!

My Tangerine Rocco, meanwhile, has definitely been a denim transfer magnet. It showed wear within a month of use, so I've tried to be extra careful. Alas...

I'd love a nude/tan/blush Rockie but I think it'd drive me nuts. I'm positively jealous and amazed by people who can keep white anything fresh. :yes:

When I first received my Rockie in Mercury, I immediately sprayed Danier Leather Defense spray (after patch testing, of course). I did two layers, just to be safe. I don't wear jeans too often so I haven't experienced any possible denim transfer, but in terms of dirt and other colour transfer, so far so good!

When I first received my Rockie in Mercury, I immediately sprayed Danier Leather Defense spray (after patch testing, of course). I did two layers, just to be safe. I don't wear jeans too often so I haven't experienced any possible denim transfer, but in terms of dirt and other colour transfer, so far so good!

Oooh!!! I never even thought of Danier. Do they have a leather cleaner as well?

I receieved a white pelican tote for Christmas and although I LOVED it was deathly afraid to carry it because it is white. I immediately treated with Love My Bags Protector and the put it back in its dust bag for a month(ugh). I finally got up the courage to use it and have had no issues whatsoever but I have been pretty careful with it. It is so beautiful I am hoping she will stay white!:cool:

I haven't protected my mercury rocco yet (I'm not super concerned about transfer - bags are made to be used!) and it has some marks and scuffing (someone walked into my bag). I can notice easily up close but not from a metre away.

Moral of the story: if you have a light bag and colour transfer worries you use a leather protector.

I plan to use leather cream on it because the pebbled leather is really dry. I think this will improve the scuffs and marks. I will post after I do it in case someone wants a reference.

My granite Rocco is holding up well just the tiniest bit of transfer but after seeing that I just made the decision not to carry that Rocco when I'm wearing jeans. I carry it more when I wear leggings or a dress etc

The peroxide white Diego with gold hardware is STUNNING...but I'm worried about the same thing. Hate bags you have to baby too much. Good to know the Danier protector helps.