How are your light coloreed bags holding up?

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
I have sworn that I would never buy another light colored leather bag, but I find some of them irresistible.
Those of you with Mercury, granite, latte etc bags------ how do they look after carrying them ?

Glamnatic

O.G.
Apr 16, 2010
I first bought a blush Donna and the color transfer was evident in the first use, so I ended up selling it before I ruined it, since the leather of that bag is very soft and the stains don't come off with whipes. About a month ago I bought an acid rockie with smooth leather, I also have problems with color transfer but since the leather is more stiff I can easily whipe it off. So if you have in mind a rockie with smooth leather I say go for it :smile:

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
My Granite (knock on wood!) Rocco after two to three months of regular (1-2 days of use) is holding up pretty well. No colour transfer; a wee but of rub on one side's piping but nothing noticeable!

My Tangerine Rocco, meanwhile, has definitely been a denim transfer magnet. It showed wear within a month of use, so I've tried to be extra careful. Alas...

I'd love a nude/tan/blush Rockie but I think it'd drive me nuts. I'm positively jealous and amazed by people who can keep white anything fresh. :yes:

xJOLE

Aug 23, 2011
Canada
When I first received my Rockie in Mercury, I immediately sprayed Danier Leather Defense spray (after patch testing, of course). I did two layers, just to be safe. I don't wear jeans too often so I haven't experienced any possible denim transfer, but in terms of dirt and other colour transfer, so far so good!

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
When I first received my Rockie in Mercury, I immediately sprayed Danier Leather Defense spray (after patch testing, of course). I did two layers, just to be safe. I don't wear jeans too often so I haven't experienced any possible denim transfer, but in terms of dirt and other colour transfer, so far so good!
Oooh!!! I never even thought of Danier. Do they have a leather cleaner as well?

keithc005

Feb 1, 2013
Honolulu HI
I receieved a white pelican tote for Christmas and although I LOVED it was deathly afraid to carry it because it is white. I immediately treated with Love My Bags Protector and the put it back in its dust bag for a month(ugh). I finally got up the courage to use it and have had no issues whatsoever but I have been pretty careful with it. It is so beautiful I am hoping she will stay white!:cool:

missbanx

Oct 31, 2012
Sydney
I haven't protected my mercury rocco yet (I'm not super concerned about transfer - bags are made to be used!) and it has some marks and scuffing (someone walked into my bag). I can notice easily up close but not from a metre away.

Moral of the story: if you have a light bag and colour transfer worries you use a leather protector.

I plan to use leather cream on it because the pebbled leather is really dry. I think this will improve the scuffs and marks. I will post after I do it in case someone wants a reference.

meisjen26

Jul 15, 2012
I wanted to get the Mercury Rocco when it was on sale, but was also wondering how it would hold up. Thanks for the replies, now I know what to do.

Apr 9, 2011
My granite Rocco is holding up well just the tiniest bit of transfer but after seeing that I just made the decision not to carry that Rocco when I'm wearing jeans. I carry it more when I wear leggings or a dress etc