How are your gathered Sofias holding up?

bluerose2

Jan 29, 2010
I just oredered with a pce my first Sofia. I am a shoulder bag girl, but the black gathered leather won me over! It is just gorgeous. So I decided to give it a try. The SA told me that gatherings/folds will not come undone with time. How are yours holding up? Do they loosen up after you start using your bags?

I do have one gather that has come unfolded a little towards the bottom right side of my bag. My SA has ordered another one and when it comes in, I will be allowed to swap them out. I asked if they knew of any other problems, but they said that nobody else has reported problems. I don't know if this happened because I carry too much (I don't think I do, but ???) or what. I carry the small.

Most people can't notice it. I am still using it in the meanwhile because it isn't obvious. This bag is gorgeous!

Paula, the same thing has happened to mine, but I expected it. I won't be exchanging mine. I do think that maybe it is because of being a little bottom full, if you get what I mean. It doesn't bother me though, because when I take everything out, she goes back to her normal self.
Other than that, I have not had any problems with her...I love her to death! I wish I could carry her everyday, but I don't dress nice enough for her everyday. LOL! Plus, my other bags would get jealous. :graucho:

Paula, the same thing has happened to mine, but I expected it. I won't be exchanging mine. I do think that maybe it is because of being a little bottom full, if you get what I mean. It doesn't bother me though, because when I take everything out, she goes back to her normal self.
Other than that, I have not had any problems with her...I love her to death! I wish I could carry her everyday, but I don't dress nice enough for her everyday. LOL! Plus, my other bags would get jealous. :graucho:
hmmm. Can somebody take a photo of this? I'm kind of worried about it now.

Thank you ladies. I can see how it can happen if one puts more things in the bag and it makes the leather stretch. I think as long as I don't pack it it should be fine.

Thank you ladies. I can see how it can happen if one puts more things in the bag and it makes the leather stretch. I think as long as I don't pack it it should be fine.

(Knock on wood) I haven't had any problems with mine. She is definitely softer now that I have been using her this week. The gathers still looks great! She is a beauty and I love her!

I would also like to see some pictures of the gathers coming undone so I know what to look for! TIA!

No problems with my black or bone yet--knock on wood. I too would like to see pics, though, of any bag that has had this issue of stitching causing any of the folds to ungather. I was planning on getting this in the blush (not 100% sure since i got the pink emily satchel this summer) so any pics would be appreciated, before I add more gathered bags to my collection.

Alright, here are pics of mine. Really, IMO, it is not that bad...it does not bother me. Now, if it starts getting worse, or they start laying flat all over, I WILL be upset; but this is no biggie, at least to me. LOL!

Here is the front:

002-3.jpg

Closer:

001-3.jpg

Even closer:

003-2.jpg

And here is the back...this is where I am speaking of the most...as you will see:
004-3.jpg

Closer:
005-3.jpg

As you can see, it is not the stitching that is the problem...this certain gather has just started to lay flat instead of.."gather".
I put as much into a Sophia as I do a Small Sabby, if that is any help. I carry certain things with every bag. Sometimes I like to use large wristlets as "shapers" for the front and back, to keep them straight not bulge-y.

Like I said, I do not have a problem with it, but I know some of you ladies are rather picky, so to each their own. All I know is I will never part with her. Even if she looks like a regular purple Sophia after a year or two. LOL!
She is my absolute favorite bag right now...my Queen. :love: