How are your agneau bags holding up?

I got my first BBag, a City Café, in March 2007 so I'm not one of those "die hard" chevre fans. I love the leather on that, but I also really love the leather on my 2008 bags, it does seem more thick and way more even than my 06 First. At first I was disappointed that it was going to be agneau instead of chevre, but I totally love my agneau bags. I guess it's a matter of taste. Oh, and btw go to Paris to get your black City! You'll save so much money and probably have lots more bags to choose from!

Yes, same here, I am also kind of a newbie but the thing is that I only have and have had, chevre bags. My 05 first and my 06 oval has delicious, thick leather but both my black 2007 bags have thin, faded leather so I would just love to have a 08 city with thick leather,- chevre or not. The only sad thing about is that chevre does seem more exclusive and I want my beloved b-bags to be as exclusive as possible:graucho:
Great idea about paris, well,- I sure wouldnt mind:P But actually I am thinking about ordering it from either the corner in Berlin(where it is cheaper too) or Aloha rag! I have heard that aloha are so sweet at choosing just the kind of leather/colour you want and they do write down the price so the taxes wont be that high.

You got an Oval? Congrats! In a few years they may use a third type of leather for the bags so I'm not too worried about my agneau bags. But I know what you mean (chevre being more in demand). I would never, ever pay more than retail for my bags, that's how cheap I am. (Maybe if an Eggplant City came up I'd consider.)

No no, not my hg black oval:sad: Its my white oval that I have had since 06/07 where I bougth it in holly. But thank for rebembering.
-And yes, That is what I mean,- that they are more in demand and "different" than other bags:P And yeah, I know what you mean,- either I am not "addicted" enough or I am too poor,- but I wont pay more than retail too,- except for the oval offcause, hehe. I really wanted a black 05 city and I was offered two actually but to a very high price. Therefor I now are getting the agneau city instead.

Thank you so much, sparkle! That was really a helpful post! So you would say that I should look for the ss08 instead of the fw? I am getting a black city.. And, your bags is absolutely gorgeous!!!!:heart: Great colour and style choices, they are all amazing!

Thanks:P. I won't want to refute FW 08 totally. It's just that I'm not as tempted by FW08 as much as SS08 and earlier seasons. I feel that every Bal bag is different. For example, some PFers felt that 06 Ink, which is chevre leather, were dry but my Ink Purse is smooth and soft!

However, I'm quite apprehensive about quality of Bal leathers from this FW collection as it seems much thinner than other seasons IMO.

how coincidental i just thought about agneau s/s vs f/w today. could there be variation between colours? i always presumed f/w bags are usually thicker than s/s. but as always bal leathers are unpredictable....

how coincidental i just thought about agneau s/s vs f/w today. could there be variation between colours? i always presumed f/w bags are usually thicker than s/s. but as always bal leathers are unpredictable....

Hi glossie, I :heart: my FW08 Amethyste but the leather's thinner than my SS08 SB and the handles are also thinner by mm. It seems flimsy when I hold them. Somehow I'm beginning to understand why seasoned PFers are grabbing older season bags.