How are you different from your mother?

coco-nut

Addicted to H
O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm not sure if people here feel as if they are more like their mothers or more different. My mother is addicted to shopping, and has closets stuffed full of clothes and intended gifts and even multiple copies of things she uses so seldom, that she can't find them when she needs them - so she just goes out and buys a new one! I helped her move last summer and had two moving sales for her. I sold four brand-new slow cookers. And my mother doesn't even cook! She thinks she should though, and ends up buying equipment like crazy.

As for me, I'm a bit of a minimalist. I like great stuff in excellent condition, but am rather spare in the design of my living space and closets. Kind of like an Armani store, I guess. But I cook like crazy, although I don't use much fancy equipment other than high end knives, a mandoline and occasionally the food processor.

So how are you different than your mom?

well, i have brown curly hair and she has blonde straight hair....

other than that, there aren't really many differences. she's more high-strung than i am, my dad's temperment helped me out a little in that area, but i'm still a worrier. we both have tempers. we're both kind of judgemental. i really hope i'm half the person that she is, though, because i couldn't love and respect her more. she's my best friend.

My mother loves shoes...I love handbags. My mom loves court/crime related shows. I love fashion/art/science related shows. My mother loves taking naps. I hate taking naps.

Only thing we have in common I'd say is the ability to weasle and deal. Main diffeence is I've taken it to an art form.

She hates shopping, loves golf, buys cheap stuff, watches all of the olympics, doesn't have a happy disposition, not interested in the news or science.

I enjoy shopping, dislike golf, dont' buy cheap, can't watch sports on TV usually, maybe baseball, I'm usually cheerful and eager to joke about anything, I'm a news junkie and love science.

My mom is very frugal. She will pass on an item she likes repeatedly, because she is waiting for it to "go on sale". If I see something I love, I will just buy it. I am afraid that by the time a sale happens, the item will be gone. Don't get me wrong; I like the save money as much as the next person. I saved $250 on my most recent bag purchase. My mom, however, takes it a bit too far. She hardly ever buys herself anything, because she is constantly waiting for the price to go down.

My mom and I are quite different.

She hates shopping and has no interest in clothes or shoes or purses. Although I've got her wanting something in the epi from LV. I love to shop and I love shoes and purses, and I like clothes too.

I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. I like to take the time to make sure that things are done properly. My mom does everything the easy way, so that it gets done but not the way it should be.

My mom is very very talkative. It is very rare that she is not talking, it doesn't matter if it's someone she knows or not. I'm not as chatty, I'm kind of shy around people I don't know, and don't feel the need to talk all the time.

I'm a big hockey fan. (Go Flames!) I also like open wheeled racing (like Indy and F1) and rally racing. My mom has no interest in sports.

According to my dad we have a similar driving style, I guess I can kind of see that, we both have a bit of a lead foot. :shame:

I'm sure there is lots of other things too... but that's all I can think of for now.

I'm almost nothing like my mom, but I think it's because I spent more time with my grandmother. For the first like twelve years of my life, my grandmother lived with us. So, I think I'd be more like her if I had been raised soley by her. I think I'm more into fashion and things like my grandmother and respect high quality to quanity. Like I'd rather have one really nice thing I want, while she's ok with having 20 items that will eventually all break. I think have a more old fashioned view of things than my mom. We're both very honest, though.

we both like shopping and purses. i might be more extreme though because usually the most she'll spend is what a kate spade costs unless she finds a good deal like on this cute ferragamo. our personalities aren't really that similar...her temper is a lot worse than mine :worried:

I am a little bit like my mom. There are a few differences though. My mom has alot more patience than me and she has a lot more energy than I do.

But we do share a lot in common. We love the same t.v. shows, we love to go shopping together and we love talking to each other on the phone.

I miss my mom. I can't wait to see her this summer!

my mother is very outgoing and always the life of the party. i'm much quieter and more reserved. we both like to shop, but we spend our $ on different things...i guess we value different things and its reflected in what we buy